Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Sheared shock mounts? Where to get replacements?

Anyone know where i can get new shock mounts for my 64? I tried everything before finally shearing off the nuts on my old shock mounts, and now i need to have someone weld on the new ones.

I was also told that I can use monroe shocks since I have a vertical placement for the shocks. Any thought on those?

Thanks!
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
You can use automotive shocks on your trailer with no problem. For the shock mount, you can remove the stud that broke and replace it with one that will fit in a hole you drill where the old mount was. The new shock mounting bolt is threaded for a nut to hold it in place. You can get them at most auto parts stores that supply "Help!" brand repair parts.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
ahh, so I would drill a hole instead of welding new mounts on? The part that broke was up in the wheel well of the trailer. Not sure I want to run through that many drill bits trying to get it just right. What about weldable mounts?
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
You know you can bend that bracket down a bit so you can get a straight angle to drill?

Tags
shock bracket, shock mount, shocks