Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
Bought a dish tub at the Dollar Tree and it works great. I put the toaster and coffee pot (percolator type) in it when not in use or in travel. Cheap, works great, especially if I don't want to dry right away.
kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
We're using one of these, and it's worked well so far. Fits into that space where the cabinet door opens to reveal only about 4 inches of space because of the wheel well. I use a small WalMart plastic (what do you call that thing that lies on the counter to direct the water back into the sink?) with it, and both stow in that space.

folding dish items - Get great deals on Accessories items on eBay Stores!
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGate View Post
We use the Dish Drainer from Ikea seen in its folded position on stove below.

We place it on a towel on the bed or L-Lounge when washing dishes.
That's one of my favorites and at $6 it's worth a shot. Now I just have to convince Jason that we need to drive 120 miles to pick one up.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
I'm also with the towel drying group and even towel dry to clear the counter .
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Have some kind of rubber rack that never gets used. Dish towel or paper plates. Sal.
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
We use two of the newer silicone products. A collapsible silicone colander with the pull out extensions fits perfectly inside the single round sink. The extensions rest on the counter edge and the dishes can drain inside the sink. Also use a roll-up silicone mat with a wavy surface texture (reminds me of corragated cardboard) if I want to dry anything on top the counter.
Schools Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Lobster Bowl vs Double Sinks

I have a little chrome fold up rack that I got on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond. Before that I had a collapsible dish rack that fit rather well in one of the sinks - but it was white plastic of some sort and always got dingy looking.

As I think back on the lobster bowl I had in the 22 CCD, I used a towel and wiped and put away every piece as part of doing the dishes - an altogether better solution. Looked nicer, kept stuff more organized.

I've let myself get lazy with 2 sinks. And the truth is that in a very small space putting stuff away and cleaning as you go makes the whole trailer look nicer. It doesn't take a lot of mess to make the whole thing look like crap.

After last night, I might have a horrible excuse to remodel NOW. Over the last 30 or so hours Virginia Beach got hit with 14 inches of snow - and I run Answer Center a local telephone answering service. The heat pump switches over to the furnace at about 30F. Temps got down to about 26F. I had to get workers to and from the office, and feed the staff who were too busy to take proper breaks. I stayed in the office, so if my propane ran out and the power failed at the campground I might have a plumbing disaster of major proportions. (The campground probably would have called though.) I'll be going home about 8:00 PM tonight. Ready with 2 small Rhino spares if needed.

Won't stay at the campground tonight... roads are just too bad. I'll make sure I've got propane to last the night, get a change of cloths, use the bath house cause I need a LONG shower and come back.

Wish me luck - I'd rather do a voluntary remodel in the spring!

Paula
Old 12-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
We have 2 sinks in the camper but at home, we have a wooden folding rack like the one linked here. Seems to work nicely and if you have a wood look throughout the camper, it is another option.
Proud to be Air #37137
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:57 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
Rock Hill , South Carolina
Last year we bought a KITCHEN AID rack, drain pad and silverware holder at Costco when it was on sale. It fits perfectly on the counter between the sink and the stove, w/room to spare. The drain pad is beveled, so it slopes down and the water drains into the sink. I keep it on the counter all the time and it goes under the sink when we are moving. I did use a towel, but this is much better, stacks nicely and looks organized. I'd take a photo but I can't even figure out how to get a photo of us or the A/S on our reply.

HAPPY NEW YEAR. Many long, safe AIRSTREAM trips in ours and your future.
rastapoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Open Road , USA
We're part of the towel club. Super simple, just wash, shake off the excess and then set it on the towel. Use another towel to dry them off once you're done or let them dry on their own for a bit and you're done. I do have to say since we have the single sink, I am a bit jealous of ROBERTSUNRUS dual plastic setup, but then again the lady of the house washes them more than I do so I can live with what we got pretty easily