Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Manchester , New Hampshire
Well It is finally happening!!

Well I am done crying now after getting trailer back from repair place to have roof damage estimate done ($10,000) I have decided to do most of the work myself (attempt to push out dents and straighten beams) I have successfully pushed out dents in rear of trailer so there not so noticeable and no holes and leaks as of yet . I still have a 2 inch hole from a tree branch stub but ill tackle that in spring along with the vent replacements. Right now I have torn out all the bathroom including copper plumbing( changing to PEX). I also have remove the water heater ( getting new one) it is leaking (froze up).
I will be doing extensive repair on the ceiling canopy from the bathroom and the tub and sink counter. I removed all that because of rodent infestation it looks like they did not make it to the front of the trailer thank god. I removed the to closets and the wall that separate the bath from the bed area. I just took some pictures I lost the pictures I had taking of my start of tare down(which showed how to put all the bath fixtures back in) I will be calling on you all for schematics on that later. Ill post some pictures in my gallery later. Wish me luck it will be a long winter but worth it.

2004 Nissan Titan with BT package
K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Manchester , New Hampshire
Was thinking about this as precaution !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcrowley View Post
Well I am done crying now after getting trailer back from repair place to have roof damage estimate done ($10,000) I have decided to do most of the work myself (attempt to push out dents and straighten beams) I have successfully pushed out dents in rear of trailer so there not so noticeable and no holes and leaks as of yet . I still have a 2 inch hole from a tree branch stub but ill tackle that in spring along with the vent replacements. Right now I have torn out all the bathroom including copper plumbing( changing to PEX). I also have remove the water heater ( getting new one) it is leaking (froze up).
I will be doing extensive repair on the ceiling canopy from the bathroom and the tub and sink counter. I removed all that because of rodent infestation it looks like they did not make it to the front of the trailer thank god. I removed the to closets and the wall that separate the bath from the bed area. I just took some pictures I lost the pictures I had taking of my start of tare down(which showed how to put all the bath fixtures back in) I will be calling on you all for schematics on that later. Ill post some pictures in my gallery later. Wish me luck it will be a long winter but worth it.
For the roof on inside using rubberized truck bed liner where the dents are?

2004 Nissan Titan with BT package
K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #3

2007 25' International CCD
Lake Jackson , Texas
Any Advice?

I have a 2006 International that should be arriving in Lake Jackson shortly. It resides on a community lot in Wimberley, where apparently, someone has put their fist into a few times. I should be looking at the airstream in the next hour, but if you have any contacts or references in the Houston area, It would be greatly appreciated.

This airstream poses as my jewelry gallery, and cannot have noticeable dents.

I have access to a dealership body shop if you know of any techniques. Now mind you, the newer airstreams are designed and made with a thinner aluminum that the old ones.

Thanks. I'm new to the forum, so I found you first.

Catrina
stellair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Houston Texas , Texas
Skin repair..

Catrina,

The airstream skin has to be repaired by airstream experienced people. In the Houston area use Bob Jones RV, they have been repairing Airstreams for years with a good reputation.

If he is busy I have used North Dallas RV (Randy) with very good results. These guys too have been repairing skin segments for years. Where are you going to have your gallery? Cool idea on using the Airstream.
SafariSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #5

2007 25' International CCD
Lake Jackson , Texas
Talking Thank You!

I will definately look into those contacts.
I actually move the gallery to various shows or parties, NOT OFTEN.
The shows population have to be 50+ individuals for private shows, and 5000+ individuals for festivals. Private shows are exclusive to my designs only. I have been a jewelry designer for 10 years, and design for some of Hollywood's famous faces and necks.
I'm currently in Lake Jackson for a break, and to help my mother out for a few damages from Ike.
I really appreciate your feedback, and assistance.

Merry Christmas
Catrina
stellair is offline   Reply With Quote