Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #1

1967 26' Overlander
NORTH HOLLYWOOD , California
wall covering??? leather, Wall paper

Hello, I am doing a ground up rebuild of a 67 overlander and we carefully took out all the rivets and wall panels and I am thinking of covering the panals with leather, fabric or wallpaper before reinstalling (or after but i sense we would use the rivets as part of the look). Has anyone ever done something like this?
thanks JOSH
Josh Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
Hope this helps....

Hi Josh

I haven't done this nor do I recall seeing it posted on here but it doesn't mean it hasn't been. Many of the newer Airstreams have various materials on the interior. My '05 has a padded leather sort of interior, my '89 Soverign had a textured vynal throughout....so I guess I'm saying you can do it. Do some searches on here in the restoration areas, maybe contact Airstream or one of the restoration businesses.

I see you're in SoCal so in your area there's Inland RV in Corona, C&G Trailer in Bellflower and M.E.L. in Orange who might give you some help.

Good luck with your project. I've restored two older Airstreams and it's very rewarding and I think it's a lot of fun!

Mike

Tags
interior design, wall covering, walls