Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2003, 12:52 PM   #1

Wink To many kids, not enough beds

Hi everyone, new on the Forum and have an important question to ask help with.

We're trying oh so hard to purchase a local A.S. One of the kids call it "the tin bucket on wheels" and another one calls it the "Lucy Mobile". But by any name we are looking forward to it.

Oh ya, it is a 1971, 31'. It is one with the twin beds in the back and bath in the middle. In reading all the letters I believe this is the right configuation for our needs. My question I'm hoping some suggestions can be made for, is that we would like to convert the back twin beds into bunks. We would like 3 beds on one side and 2 on the other.

I have seen some ideas including using metal wire (it looked like is was really heavy duty stuff) and wood (which looked really nice but probably costs a lot). Holding weight is not much of a factor, the "pigion eating sisters" (4 of them) couldn't rub together three hundred pounds wet and the little fella is more length then weight. Yes we have 5 and would love to turn this large treasure into our home away from home on wheels. But without knowing if we could convert easily, we are reluctent to invest the $7,000Cnd. (We do know what a good price this is.)

We would love to see any pictures anyone has with any suggestions. Thanks so much. Veronica, Mum of Big Family
Big Family is offline   Reply With Quote