Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Hamilton , Texas
We had frame stiffener/strengther done in 2002 North Dallas RV
972-242-0404. If you have a 70's model with rear bath you need it done.
Rear end droop is a major problem as the bread company that owned Airstream in that time period added the rear bath without improving the frame
to handle the weight. No holes in this doughnut.
Skyeyes2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Hamilton , Texas
WE have 27' 2 double beds w/rear bath. We got rid of the kids so we wouldn't have to put up with them needing to go pee just as we snugled up for the night. Now all we have is Chigger Chihuahua, Norie Joe Norwich Terrier,and Houdinie Budgie. None of them care how we sleep and none of them use our toliet . No really rear bath is not the best idea for family travel, but I love the big wardrobe & dresser in my bedroom. I found no problem with the sink/ tub area. I took down the original heavy wooden doors between bedroom and bath put a metal channel above the door, installed a cheap expansion shower rod over tub so I could angle it over the mirror to fit snug not tight . Also attached a cheap plastic neck tie hanger to the old door frame on bath side about mid way between ceiling and floor . Then I bought a decorative shower curtain and some cute shower curtain hooks . I arranged the curtain and hooks so that they were in track over bedroom door and the rod over tub .The tie hook is used as a tie back when curtain not in use. No more rotted door, less weight on rear of trailer, and solves shower door problem all for about $45.00.
Skyeyes2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:44 AM   #23
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
Lady Penelope, my other half, wanted to change our layout. From rear bath to center bath, with rear bedroom.
I started to list everything that need to be done and came back to her, pretty soon actually, with those words "no".
Too much to do. And especially about the water heater, to move it you need to do an opening and close the old one, and black water tank. That was my major concern, not too worry about the plumbling and everything else.
I wouldn't go with that.

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote