Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Tampa , Florida
Ripping out interior 68 sovereign what to do with all the goodies.

I just purchased a 1968 30ft sovereign and will be starting to rip out the interior. I will be completely redoing and reconfiguring the layout. Now my first question is, what to do with all the equipment, ac, refrig, stove, cabinets, bath stuff etc. are there others that want the goodies or do I just toss them. I am sure that some of these items still work.
My second question is will it be difficult to change the rear bath to a center bath? I have been reading a lot about this topic but not really found a post explaining the tricks to make a center bath work. Any guidance would be great.
Thanks
Viesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
First, welcome to the forums!

As to the first question, there are many who would probably be interested in parts or appliances. Either create a thread offering the items (list them) or place them in the classified section here on the forum. It is often done with good response. Good luck.
Dave
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Depends on your bank account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viesel View Post
... will it be difficult to change the rear bath to a center bath? ...
"Difficult" is relative. The task can get downright simple if you throw enough money at it.

For starters, your toilet dumps directly into the black tank. For various reasons, the exisiting black tank will probably not be usable with the toilet mounted anywhere else. So, you will have to design & fabicate a new black tank and associated plumbing.

Anything is doable, but for the effort level, it would be much easier & probably cheaper to buy & refurb an Airstream which already has a center bath as opposed to retrofitting the option to your '68.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
If at all possible post some pics of what you have there. I am interested, if you have what I need of course !
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Kalamazoo , Michigan
You may have an opportunity to help finance some of your renovations, I would recommend posting the items in the classifieds or on ebay. However, if you are independently wealthy, I am sure many members (including myself) will take the items off your hands.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Tampa , Florida
Wow thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I will get some pics and as I start to remove the goodies I will post them in the classifieds. I will sell them cheap, I am not by all means wealthy but I cant sell these things for much I would feel terrible if something doesnt work when they get it home. I would rather people acquire them cheaply that can use them for parts and such. I just hate the dump them when they might be of good use for someone else.
Thanks
~Bill
Viesel is offline   Reply With Quote