Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
Replaced acrylic/fiberglass kitchen sink in 08 Classic

We use our kitchen in the AS all the time while on the road. We noticed when filling up the double sink that we get condensation on the bottom side of the sink. It also occurred while leaving a frozen lasagna to defrost. It starts to ruin the items stored underneath. Here at AS we are having it replaced with a double bowl SS sink. I was surprised to see that the original sink was susceptible to this problem. It looks like the mold for the sink is the actual fiberboard material itself.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Stainless will do the same with cold items in a humid environment. Better quality sinks have a spray coating on the back to prevent that - it also helps quiet stainless sinks.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
Absorption

We believe it was an absorption issue.we don't have a laptop we are posting by IPad. If I could I would post a photo of the old sink and the new SS one. The IPad will not allow attachments. I agree it will sweat but what a great improvement. It's funny how something so basic could make me so happy.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote