Old 07-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Blue Ridge , Georgia
Recliners for 25' FC

Talked to Chris at Jackson Center about getting rid of the dinette and getting 2 recliners as well as the custom cabinet. He said a lot of people that have that done buy their own recliners rather than buy theirs. Does anyone have recommendations on recliners?

Thanks
Gleverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Some have used these.

http://www.lambrightcomfortchairs.com

I am looking to do the same.
Roadhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We used Villa International model recliners, about $750 each, the same ones Airstream used. Took the Airstream to Jackson Center where they installed a center console and side table from their 30' Recliner model production line, and built a custom cabinet over the converter/charger. This only works in the 25 Rear Bed models because of the furnace location in 25/27 FB models.

Recliners, materials, cabinets, labor, and all came to about $4000 total. Money well spent, very comfortable and functional for our 1400 days/nights traveling in our 25' all over the country many times.

Here's some in-process photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/398600...7637145551816/

I also flipped the bath door over and hinged on the opposite side for privacy from living space and better bedroom access. Then moved the bath towel ring and added a larger mirror.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhoop View Post
Some have used these.

This is what we did in our 25FB and we used a Lambright Wall Hugger Recliner. If you would like the contact info for Lambright please advise. I would be glad to provide the same!

The picture was taken with a wide angle lens which distorts things a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1786.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	289950  
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:44 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Blue Ridge , Georgia
I wonder if the wall hugger Lambright has advantage over the ones Jackson Ctr uses?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Two basic requirements we noted when selecting recliners. The must have built-in retractable leg rests (not ottomans), and the seat must be high enough to use the table comfortably, and for each particular user to see out the windows without peeking over the sill. Comfort is up to each individual, like a pair of shoes. We like ours, they like theirs.

We have comfortable Ekornes recliners at home, tried them in the Airstream and they didn't meet either requirement. They looked tiny in there. There's a lot of width in the front of the Airstream, the scale of the chairs was simply too small for good appearance (note that Airstream uses upholstered foam bolsters behind the dinette seating that do nothing but fill the space).

If you were to put a dining table between the recliners and up against the front wall, narrow recliners would be fine. We eventually added a narrow, longer drop-down table top to our Airstream center console. Very, very useful for meals and general use. We raised and left that nice little table top up (tapered, 24" at the wall to 18" at the end, long enough to just clear the floor when dropped down on its hinges) whenever in a campsite.

The Villa Int'l chairs are not wall huggers. We were able to recline them for normal use, relaxing, reading etc without pulling them forward, but all recliners with a leg rest will block the entrance door of a 25 if you put them in full recline (which we never needed). Recliners may look close to the entrance door but it presents absolutely no issue in actual day-to-day use.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Lexington , Kentucky
Lazy Boy recliners

We went to Lazy Boy and got 2 wall huggers. They work great!
The Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
2001 19' Bambi
Fresno , California
dkottum: Yay! I have wanted to see these photos ever since I saw your recliners in your profile picture! Would LOVE to do the same thing to our FC 25'. Really well-done!
kathfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleverett View Post
Talked to Chris at Jackson Center about getting rid of the dinette and getting 2 recliners as well as the custom cabinet. He said a lot of people that have that done buy their own recliners rather than buy theirs. Does anyone have recommendations on recliners?

Thanks
The recliners DKOTTUM used are the same as offered for a few years in the 30 FC and international. The side folding table is also. I think you will add value to your 25 if you make the transition. We have a 2012 30FC with the recliner option from the factory. The comfort from those chairs plus the floor room for our pups, is so much better than the couch across the front. Recliners are no longer an option for anything but the Classic now (as far as I know). Maybe because of that we have been contacted with offers to buy if we ever want to sell--just because of the recliners. The chairs stay in position via lock down hand turn knobs. In that position, they will recline about 1/2 way. It's very easy to unlock the round chair bases and move them away from the front window to allow a complete lay out if you want.
Howard
Howard L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
The original owner ofur Safari 25 had recliners installed at JC when new. We liked them except....

1. With our trailer, which had no dinette, the recliners were the only seating. We had to use folding chairs for guests. With the newer trailers, some of the side sofa can remain, I think.
2. Hard to eat out of them. There was a small table on a boat pedestal between them, but there was not enough room to turn to completely face it. Sounds like you have that problem solved.
3. They would lean back when you sat far enough back in them to provide some back support. I was going to make a locking device, but traded trailers before implementing it. Make sure you can sit comfortably while eating.

We loved them when we were sitting and reading or watching TV.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:16 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
We shopped a lot for ours. In the Eddie Bauer 25' we had to find recliners that would not hit the hatch door frame when fully reclined but didn't block the entry door, either. I found just the right size, color and price chair at Wayfair. Other options are Amazon and Overstock, in addition to recliner makers. I cut and finished a 1/2" plywood panel which includes two steel pins, each of which fits into a recliner where a foot used to be. The chairs don't slide around or tip over even on rough back roads or highways in Louisiana. Total cost under $1,000 and they are removable and replaceable by the original interior (which we still use for grandkid-accompanied travel) in under 2 hours.

Pics in my gallery here on AirForums.
GammaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:16 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Blue Ridge , Georgia
I really like the looks of the Lambright Lam 100 wall huggers with the accessory table. There not cheap especially after adding $160 shipping. Does anyone have any comments about these recliners? Another question is do the recliners need to be attached in some way to the floor? The base of the chairs look pretty stable.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Jacksonville , Texas
Recliner

We have Thomas Payne Euro Chairs.
warfieju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhoop View Post
Some have used these.

We have a Lambright, 4 years old and the Ultra Leather is splitting and flaking where the sun hits it. I would look at others or get cloth.

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote