Last winter when I was boondocking in Quartzsite on Plomosa Road, an older small Toyota Class C camper caught fire. The speed and intensity of the fire was beyond what you would think. The owner had had her propane tank topped up and the young lad at the propane pump used a hammer to loosen the connection with his hose (I guess he didn't realize that when there is a drop in pressure associated with the fill that there is a drop in temperature as well, and that the connection would get tight - waiting a few minutes to allow the connection to warm to ambient temperature would allow the hose to be released.
The lady who owned the camper (she was a full-timer, so all her personal effects were in the camper, not at a house somewhere else) was sitting with friends nearby when they noticed the fire. She opened the door and met a wall of flames. She grabbed the only two things that were right at the door - her guitar case and her laptop case. Everything else was destroyed by the fire - her purse with her money and ID, her clothes, her money, etc.
I was camped right across the road in an AS LY motorhome - later that week I went into a Walmart store and bought a fire-resistant file box to secure important papers (insurance policy, banking stuff, health records, veterinary records, passports). I leave the key in the lock - there is no cash in the box.
1987 Excella 32-foot
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel