Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
DJW
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Lafayette , California
Over the stove vent and light hood

Hello All, not sure what sub-group this belongs in. I want to remove my stove hood unit and see if I can figure out an option to make it stick out less (bangs me in the face when I'm working at the stove).

Any tricks to removing it? Ducting to outside vent? Power connections? Hidden attaching screws?

Thanks,
Don

2004 Safari LS
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
DJW
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Lafayette , California
I'll answer my own question, in case anyone every searches for the answer on this one-

Pulling the vent hood is pretty straight forward. Basically, 4 screws holding it to the cabinet, lift it off the back support bar, and it is free of the trailer. The two power wires need to be cut (they are crimped to the switch harness), but can be re-attached easily. I'm going to figure out a much lower profile vent hood which will make the space much more open and easy to work on as I use a cutting board on the stove top.

Don
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote