Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Old Style Sofa Vs New Style settee Opinions Needed

We are thinking about trading in our 2005 Safari 25 for a new Flying Cloud. Donna is not sure she likes the new seating, she much prefers the sofa sleeper. She also has concerns about the round sink and location of the dinette. We are afraid we may solve a couple of minor problems and create larger ones. We will do a walk thru to see how the floor plan feels. Any comments of owners of the newer floor plan would be a great help.

Thanks Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
The wife hates the round sink. The 08 has a 2 well sink that is at a 90 to the counter. One of the previous years had a double well sink that was at a 45 to the counter. That was her fav. The dinette works fine and also the sofa. We use Pillows against the rear wall and sit with legs up. The other dislike, the bed. In the 25 double, there is little room against the wall. Check out the twin. It also makes the 25 look larger.
We have the FC25 FB.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
We are thinking about trading in our 2005 Safari 25 for a new Flying Cloud. Donna is not sure she likes the new seating, she much prefers the sofa sleeper. She also has concerns about the round sink and location of the dinette. We are afraid we may solve a couple of minor problems and create larger ones. We will do a walk thru to see how the floor plan feels. Any comments of owners of the newer floor plan would be a great help.

Thanks Jim
We have an 02 Safari 25 with the rear queen. If we needed, for some reason, to buy a new AS my wife has the exact same concerns as yours.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
The L shaped seat in my Intl is "OK" -- it looks better than it seats, if you know what I mean. A little high and a little wide. I am astounded at the love-hate with the round sink. I REALLY like it as it is large enough for any pot you could ever put in it. Have a dishrack and absorbent pad that I put the dishes in and it works JUST FINE.
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote