Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
New Twin Bed Mattresses

We would like to order new twin mattresses for our 2004 25' Safari. Looking for suggestions for best place to order and opinions to most comfortable. The twins we have now are original and not working for us. Confused as to which would be best, memory foam or custom made mattress. Suggestions?
judybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
I would go with a firm foam with 2" of memory foam for the top layer.
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Northeastern , Kentucky
Keep in kind that a memory foam mattress will get rock hard in freezing temps. To work around this, we got a quality firm mattress and placed a memory foam topper on top. While the topper does become frozen in real cold temps, it takes no time to thaw out compared to a solid memory foam mattress.
KYAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Thanks for the input. Don't think we will have to worry about freezing temps, but nice to know.
judybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Member Slide Out Society

2004 28' Safari S/O
Zavalla , Texas Airstream Harbor
Had ours custom made by Taylor bedding company in Taylor Tx. Used Latex with cotton ticking and padding. Best mattresses we ever owned. Since they are a custom size I would go that route again if needed
Rockwell
Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Chillicothe , Texas
Love my bed

We went with Firm Tempurpedic mattresses since that's what we have at home. We got a deal on them, since they were extra long, but being foam they: fit just fine. About 4 inches wider than the original beds, but oh so comfortable
joni78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwell View Post
Had ours custom made by Taylor bedding company in Taylor Tx. Used Latex with cotton ticking and padding. Best mattresses we ever owned. Since they are a custom size I would go that route again if needed
Rockwell
Hi Rock:

Quick question.... being that I have twin Matt's in my 25 also. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost on the mattresses?

Thanks in advance )

Safari-Rick

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
Member Slide Out Society

2004 28' Safari S/O
Zavalla , Texas Airstream Harbor
SafariRick.
It's been several years but I'm pretty sure it was just over $525.00 total for the two mattresses. Since the mattresses were a specific size they took a king bed size of latex and cut the two twins from. I was able to pick them up so there was no shipping involved. Hope this helps
Rockwell
Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Corpus Christi , Texas
ordered ours from Mattress Insider (27 ft. Sovereign with middle twins) they fit perfectly, are comfortable and regular twin sheets will fit (bottom fitted is a bit wide, but not a big deal.) PO's had plush twins in there, but they were too wide and we wanted the space between beds more than the mattress space....All that to say that we are pleased with our purchase from them custom made to our specs and it was not an overly large cash outlay.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
We purchased ours from Bradd and Hall. Cost was $825 delivered for two 32x75 (cut to size) 4"spring, 4" memory and 2" pillow top. Very comfortable.

You can go to their website Bradd & hall RV furniture and see the many options they offer. We had them made and delivered within seven days. I couldn't believe how quick they came. We spent over 59 nights on them this year alone and they provide a great nights sleep.

here is there link to compare with other companies.

RV Mattresses and Marine Mattresses for Sofa Sleepers and Beds

good luck

SL4BLLT
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote