Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Statesville , North Carolina
New Interior Items at Habitat

Habitat for Humanity ReStores -- Habitat for Humanity Int'l

I found some new items that were Home Depot and Lowes discontinued items at our Local Habitat Restore Facility. They have alot of new and slightly used kitchen and bath items. Just wanted everyone to know there is another sourse for some items and also supports a great cause. There is no online shopping and their inventory changes by the minute. It is similar to Goodwill for those unfamiliar with Habitat Restore.

Examples from our local store:

New Stainless Kitchen Sink $15
New laminate flooring $20 a box
New Kohler faucets $10
Granite Counter top slabs for a small vanity or counter space $10
Lots of fabrics to choose from
mgppilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1977 28' Argosy 28
Columbus , Ohio
ReStore !!!!

YOU BET!
We find many GREAT things at our local ReStore... It's surprising what big businesses, contractors, and even individuals will donate to them!

I'd rather buy there and know that the money will go to good use... Than buy at a big-box and know I've actually overpaid.

I guess you just can't be in too big of a hurry to find what you really want, but we drop in and take a look at least once a month.

We've just about finished the kitchen in our house, we redecorated it with all mid-'50's "modern" stuff... almost everything has come from ReStore.

We remodeled our upstairs bathroom, and ended up buying four brand new mirrored medicine cabinets there.... Fifteen bux apiece. They were in their original boxes... when we got them home, I googled the make and model number. THEY SELL FOR $300.00 each, FROM THE FACTORY!

We're also using a lot of things from there in our '77 Argosy 28 MH.... I oughtta get off my behind and post some pictures of that !!!!
slickandrews is offline   Reply With Quote