Old 03-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
Need to get behind wall

I need to get behind the wall in the bedroom of our 27FB Classic to thread a cable from a wall control to the vent fan. I cant figure out how to pull the wall away so i acn make the turn from the ceiling then down bwhind the wall. The wall is 3/8 inch plywood. Thought this may be a little time consuming but not too difficult. Ive removed the TV and all screws that seem to be holding it in place

Whats the secret? Im really scratching my head on this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4349.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	306340  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Deerfield , Massachusetts
I don't know the specifics of your trailer, but most of ours are built with the interior "walls" having been built essentially as furniture in a workshop OUTSIDE the trailer. As such, its likely that the screws holding the "wall" are on the inside.

Instead, look for whatever is holding that big piece of "furniture" against the wall of the trailer. Find those screws and undo them and the whole thing should be able to move.

Alternatively, you could use an osscillating tool (like a Fein Multimaster) to cut along the seams to pull out just the piece you want; this is messier and will mar edges and finishes, but sometimes it saves the need to do a larger scale removal ...
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:34 PM   #3
Site Team

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
What about fishing a line through there? Any chance that would work?

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
Update. It appears that the carpet was the biggest problem. So pulled up the carpet and the right side as you face the wall was coming out but valance was in the way. Took that down. Then the wall bumped into the mounting for the curtains. I couldn't pull it straight back because the left side is in a "U" type of channel.

I hated to give up but, I did. Maybe on the next trip to dealer I can get it done.