Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
Sparta , Missouri
Mid-seventies dining tables

I have seen photos in the members photo section of both the 24' Argosy and the 25' Airstream that have the dining table on the curb side, right next to the entry door. I have a 1976 24' Argosy that had a dinette, built by the PO, and would like to replace it with this type of table and either a gaucho or couch. What confuses me, is that, in the photos,( juel and balrgn photos), the table appears to be partially blocked by the gaucho. How do these work? They appear to be the same type table that Airstream uses in the bigger trailers, but I don't see how they can be raised or lowered. Does anyone have any pictures that show them in better detail? By the way, to juel and balrgn, I really like the interior of your trailers. Thanks to everyone. We really enjoy the forums! Ron & Sue
MO/Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
The table is on a slide. You slide the table towards the rear of the trailer untill it clears the gaucho. Then you raise it up and lock the leg down.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
Sparta , Missouri
To azflycaster

Thanks for the info. I figured it had to work something like that. I have never actually seen one, and it's hard to tell from a photo that mostly shows the gaucho. I wonder if the table is the same as the 26' and larger trailers. If so , I still have it, as the previous owner incorporated it into the dinette he built. Does anyone have the rest of it or the whole set-up that I could buy?If I had a couple of good pictures or a good drawing with some dimensions, I could possibly build the rest of it? Any suggestions? Thanks again, Ron
Old 05-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Thumbs up Perfect Solution For You!!

I have a wonderful suggestion for you. Come to the Midwest Rally and we'll be more than happy to have you see how ours works, take measurements and pictures to your hearts content!!

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Have one

Hello.. We are in the process of taking our 1979 30' Argosy apart and will not be using ours.. we are putting in a wraparound both with center table.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
Sparta , Missouri
Smile To eikel1we

I like your solution. We might just take you up on it. I'll have to see when and where it is, and whether or not the wife's work schedule interferes(she's going to hang it up after this year, I hope). We have had itchy feet for wanting to go somewhere! I'm new at this. Don't you have to be a member of the Airstream Club to attend the rallies. Hope we can make it happen! Thanks, Ron & Sue
Old 05-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
Sparta , Missouri
Smile To Happycampers..Annie

Thank you very much for the offer. I need to do some more checking, but as I understand it, your 30' Argosy table would be mounted on the street side. I think the table might be the same,(not sure), but I don't think the cabinet or whatever it's called will work as mine will have to mount on the opposite side next to the entry door. I'm still hoping for some more input, or hopefully a picture or two. Thanks to everone. Ron & Sue
Old 05-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #8

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Ottawa , Ontario
Cool Reconfiguration of lounge/table at front of 31' Excella

I just got back from a 12-hour drive to see a 1974 Excella 500 which I passed on because of the arrangement of the front of the trailer. There is a bi-folding Airstream table beside the door & an L-shaped sofa area with corner table between the 2 sofas. I dislike this arrangement because:
1) Less conversational than booth-type seating facing one another across a table;
2) The sofa along the front wall of the trailer gets a view of the trailer only instead of the Great Outdoors;
3) Anyone sitting in this sofa is "trapped" there if the table is folded all of the way out.

What is the feedback from others who may be living with (& enjoying!) this interior arrangement?

Otherwise, I liked this trailer enough to purchase it! What "inexpensive" changes might I make to address my concerns?

1) If I don't want to use the front area for sleeping can I simply swap the table by the door for the sofa under the front window?

2) Is anything preventing me from removing the curbside/front corner table & moving the edge of the curbside sofa up against the front of the trailer?

3) What will I find if these items are moved/removed? Is the interior shell continued behind the sofa? Will there be a lot of unsightly holes, etc.?

All feedback would be immensely appreciated. I want to buy this one before it gets away!

Roger
phantss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
MO/RON 2006 Midwest Rally

Ron, you don't have to be a member to come to this rally. We welcome visitors. You will want to join the forums though because it it THE best place you'll find for helpful information and answers to Q. and support in general.

The Midwest Rally is June 8, 9, 10. Some arrive earlier and/or check out Mon. ( our usual personal schedule) This is our 4th year so far and Jack Canavera is our organizer (Fearless Leader) with help from others if needed. We've had an awful lot of fun and met some of the nicest people (FRIENDS) on the planet
Earth.
Please see the Rally Forum for any additional info.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote