Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Clinton , Land of Purple Mtn Majesty,Montana
Lagun Table Pedestal Review

I've "Googled" this topic to see if there were any "negative comments or reviews" of this device and actually didn't find any. However, there is a YouTube Channel called "Nomadic Fanatic" where part of the Lagun table support has worn causing the table to be un-level. The problem is with the "top bushing" that supports the arm going to the base of the table. It's my guess that rather than loosening the release handle to adjust the table he's been forcing it. I don't have proof of this....just speculation on my part.

I've recently received my Lagun pedestal but haven't been able to install it....winter is getting in the way!

I would appreciate any comments.....thanks in advance.
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
we have that in our 22fb.
i had to reinforce the "wall" that it cantilevers to to ensure that table weight does not twist the arm

after 2 years we are still happy and no longer have a post to hit our feet
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by waninae39 View Post
we have that in our 22fb.
i had to reinforce the "wall" that it cantilevers to to ensure that table weight does not twist the arm

after 2 years we are still happy and no longer have a post to hit our feet
Thanks for your reply. I've got the same coach ....mine is a 2016. How did you enforce the wall? I'm assuming you are referring to the mounting bracket that the Lagun pedestal slides into.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Lake Havasu City , Arizona
I had one in my previous RV (a motorhome) and absolutely loved it. I had a teak folding tabletop on the Lagun base. There really isn't a place for one of these in my 2017 International Serenity 27FB, but I wish there were!

I agree that the mounting base needs to be securely anchored and supported, or the tabletop will bounce annoyingly. A backing plate of some sort may be the way to go.
Paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Black Diamond , Washington
I included photos of my Lagun table install in my build thread
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...6&share_type=t

Here's the table I made for the trailer. Used electric burned fir plank. Filled the burns with copper pigmented bar top epoxy and then covered with the same but clear. Folds away and stores in the ottoman.
Pygmypoacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Anywhere , IN
I really enjoy my Lagun. Best decision Iíve made on a change for my Sport 16rb.
I believe it to be built to a high standard.
Safe travels.
KRPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:56 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I have two Lagun receivers in our Airstream Interstate - one at the front where our passenger seat swivels to make a "mobile office", and one at the rear where the table can also be used as a computer table, but also for general use (meals, etc.).

The biggest limitation with the Lagun is that the manufacturer doesn't provide adequate shims for many applications which require the table riser to clear counter extensions, couch overhangs, etc. The result is that unskilled buyers tend to fashion really ugly and potentially shin-destroying blocks to set the receivers proud of their mounting surfaces.

I created my own mounting adapter which looks like this (and I had a bit of forum fun asking people to guess what I was constructing prior to revealing it was for a Lagun). Notice the tapered sides. This is different from the way Airstream is now doing it with its new builds. The tapers prevent sharp vertical edges and guard your shins against bruising if you happen to hit it:

The other thing I strongly recommend is that you do NOT choose a Lagun table top that has pointed corners. Trust me on this one - you don't want a swiveling table with sharp points. I sized a perforated aluminum sheet to hold my 17-inch mobile workstation plus mouse. Originally I had manually edged it as a conventional rectangle with corners, but I quickly realized that I had to go back, rip out all that tapestry work, round the corners and re-edge. The rounded corners also give it a better "Airstream" appearance.

Here are two blog posts that provide more installation details (front and back of the van), including info on base reinforcement. And some pics below it, before and after corner rounding. The black stripe on the table is a hold-down strap (velcro) so that the computer doesn't fly off the surface when the van is in motion. It is removable.

ADAPTING A LAGUN TABLE FOR THE AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE

LAGUN TABLE, PART 2: REAR MOUNT

EDIT: I store the table top on the back of the wet bath door. A small square of velcro on the door hooks to the computer's velcro strap so that it doesn't bang around during travel.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRPS View Post
I really enjoy my Lagun. Best decision Iíve made on a change for my Sport 16rb.
I believe it to be built to a high standard.
Safe travels.
Mind showing pics....especially how you mounted the wall bracket?
Old 01-16-2019, 10:27 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Thanks for all the input....some really beautiful work here. Has anyone experienced any problems with the "bushing" at the top of the vertical arm where the arm extension connects to it? It possible to use the existing table top with the Lagun mount? My coach is a 16' 22FB.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:35 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
chino hills , California
Airstream owners are so generous with sharing their modifications. So creative also. We upgraded all of our AS table, Bathroom, nightstand with Corian and a double pedestalfor the dining table w -rounded corners. All of your photos are phenomenal. Thanks for sharing.
redhat200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:11 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpatrick16 View Post
... Has anyone experienced any problems with the "bushing" at the top of the vertical arm where the arm extension connects to it? ....
I have not, but I've been very careful with it. Some of those fittings are plastic.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote