Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
What about the bathroom sink, countertop and shower basin? My guess is that these are also ABS. Is there general agreement on this forum that Krylon Fusion will also work on the bathroom plastics?

BTW...I used Krylon Fusion (white) on the inside of my refrigerator and I've had no problems. My only concern is that the paint is not glossy enough.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #22
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrajb View Post
What about the bathroom sink, countertop and shower basin? My guess is that these are also ABS. Is there general agreement on this forum that Krylon Fusion will also work on the bathroom plastics?
Yes. See the PM you now have conveniently sitting in your "inbox"...
Old 11-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #23
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Send a message via AIM to Maryw164 Send a message via Skype™ to Maryw164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo Family View Post
Sem paint is the BEST for painting plastic, leather, fabric, ie,. I painted the complete bathroom on my Argosy including the shower. It was great, adhears well.

SEM Products - SEM Products is their web site. Try it, you will like it.
Which of their products have you used successfully on plastic? What prep product was used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrajb View Post

BTW...I used Krylon Fusion (white) on the inside of my refrigerator and I've had no problems. My only concern is that the paint is not glossy enough.
Others have had success with the bathtub coatings like Tubby, or the ones they sell at the big box stores (Tile Doctor?).

Mary
Forums member #29232
Check out my new Blogs (work in progress):
https://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...-maryw164.html

https://1972airstreamsovereign.blogspot.com/
Maryw164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #24
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Clean the end cap and dry it real well. Lightly sand it with a scotch brite pad. I like the brown ones from AutoZone in their paint department. Blow all the dust off with air compressor. Let it sit for a while in the garage to settle the dust. Use a tack cloth (AutoZone as well) all over it. Mask the none painted area with blue tape and newspaper. Use a second tack cloth where my hands may have touched the end cap. Start spraying the top and and then sides like you would with a paint gun. Lots of strokes releasing the trigger while still using a spraying motion. (Follow the instructions on the can regarding drying times.) Repeat until you go through three cans of Krylon per end cap. It helps if you have a hand trigger for the spray can! I also had a fan out side of the window pulling over spray out of unit, this also keeps the air very clean inside!

Take your time and be sure to prep.
Instagram #Vinstream
vinstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
Sounds like a good plan. As a retired automotive painter, I can identify with your emphasis to prep, prep, prep. The best of paints will not adhere or flow well to material that has been prepped insufficiently. My question was mainly about the type, brand of paint. Sounds like Krylon might be the cheapest answer. Thanks again!