Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
Becky

1972 25' Tradewind
Castle Rock , Colorado
Counter top replacement

One side of my airstream interior the avocado top is beautiful. So two questions. We took the countertop side out with the stove and sink. This side is faded. Can I refurbish the avocado color or what If I just completely put a new look, but still kept the other side avocado?
Attached Images

Bsmyers54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Can you check out retro laminate and see if there is a color that matches the good countertop? Laminate is not hard to strip off a countertop. Maybe find an avocado color you like and replace all of it. Good luck.
Bubba L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
I like avocado green

Yes, I know it's dated. Yes, I know it screams Brady Bunch. Yes, I know the 70s are calling and want their refrigerator back. Roll your eyes all you want, I like avocado green. It's soothing, it's earthy, it's warm and comforting.

Unlike say, 1950s/1980s turquoise or pink. Or 1970s/1990s oh-so-bland beige. I am sure these colors seemed like a good idea at the time, and if used judiciously, can look nice.

Sure, some objects should not be avocado green. Anything in the bathroom, for instance. In fact, everything in the bathroom should be either white, grey, silver or black, and if you really insist, maybe, MAYBE pink, or baby blue, but that's as far as I can stand, but you can't go wrong with white. You can add color with the towels, and change them with the seasons or your mood.

But avocado green is the color of living growing lush life itself, totally at home in the woods, and even in the desert or the mountains. Maybe not so much at the beach - yes, this I concede.

Colors that compliment avocado green are many and varied: Orange, brown, tan, red, silver, black, yellow, navy, lime, depending on what ambiance you're after. Have fun and to those poor souls who for whatever sad reason despise avocado green, we grieve with their misfortune and hope they will eventually find some help and healing and joy in their life.
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
I still have an avocado green sink cover in great shape from a 72 double sink if you want it.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:53 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
1970 27' Overlander
SoCal , USA
I hope I get a lot of eyes on this post bc I need some good info: I need to buy a sheet or two of Wilsonart laminate for our kitchen and bath counters. The web site doesn't sell them. They direct me to Home Depot, which won't have it in stock, I'll need to order through them, and frankly, I find Lowe's the less of the two annoyances, so if I must order and receive a shipment: What is the best source? cabinetmakerwarehouse.com ships, but has limited selection. Anyone have a source they recommend?

Scott, I too adore avocado. I'm sure it's partly nostalgia--this was my youth. While that color palette has come and gone and re-emerged, and the orange and harvest yellow accents do give me a charge, the avocado is constant for me. It soothes my soul. In addition to the colors you mention, avocado looks great with dark turquoise or navy or apple green. It plays well with others. I like it so much I decided it was a good idea to grow avocados.
perri is offline   Reply With Quote