Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2015, 01:27 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Salem , Oregon
Couch bed (Gaucho sofa?) New foam or cushions, recovering questions

Hi, I just got a 1984 Avion 30R. Everything in it looks cherry, you know except it's from 1984 and I really dislike the fabric. I've been looking at trailers for a while, and I've seen this bed/couch/sofa thing (is it a Goucho sofa?) done in a few ways, one way is shown here like mine, with what looks like three cushions (but they are stitched together to move as one) and the other is just two flat pieces (foam I'm guessing). I'm guessing I could just recover these cushions (they have been recovered once already, in fact the back piece still has plastic on it!), but I wonder about sleeping on it. Maybe you get some kind of topper to put on it? We gave our girls the back double twin room, so this will be our bed. It's also our main eating area, so I'm not really wanting too complicated of a set up/take down. I'd love any ideas. And I'd love to see pics! By the way this is super comfy to sit on, just haven't tried the sleeping part yet!

p.s. the tape measure was to show my 6' 4" husband how short his sleeping place is going to be. No problem he says
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer-1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	556.5 KB
ID:	234382   Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer-4.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	491.5 KB
ID:	234383  

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer cusion up close-1.jpg