Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
art
3 Rivet Member

cabinet door handles and hindges on 2004 classiclassic

my lovely wife would like the hardware of our 2004 classic like a 2013 hmmmm.can it be painted replaced /any input would be appreciated .ours is brass she likes the black or whatever it is
art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
Yes, the hardware can be painted. I did some brass light fixtures with a metallic spray paint. (Rustolium, oiled bronze) I liked the results enough to paint some metal towel hooks & bars. (Impervo, hammered black) In both applications, I lightly sanded the metal before painting. Did this 3ish years ago... the paint has not chipped, scratched or come off.
I've thought about painting the brass hardware in our LY. The hinges are my concern....painted hinges...I don't know about that.
Schools Out is offline   Reply With Quote