Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #21
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJo View Post
The problem I had with the sheets I ordered from ABLifestyles was with the fabric, not the fit. The fabric was so soft that it was like trying to put a large piece of gauze on the mattress - it was so limp that it wrinkled & wadded up something terrible. The mattress pad was wonderful, but the sheets were not good at all. I prefer a sheet with more body.
I'm surprised. The two sets of sheets I bought from them are quite stout and have held up well for several years of frequent use.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
I am with you pdozanne. I too went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought those sheet suspenders and just use regular sheets. I got some really nice soft all cotton too- high quality fancy shmancy ones!
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Wow Pep, how do you get in and out of those strings?
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
After being tutored by an old friend who does a lot of sewing, I ended up keeping the Elna Lotus sewing machine. The first project was to take a flat percale cotton king sheet (purchased at Walmart), fold it in half sandwiching 100% cotton quilt batti, and sewing it together (trimmed to the exact shape of the mattress). The pad was pinned and quilted every 4 inches. Elastic was sewn as loops on the corners - voila!

Then I took good quality queen fitted sheets (again from Walmart - some were percale cotton, and I did also use the cotton-poly ones too) and resized them to fit, including the curved corner. I also bought the elastic attachment for the sewing machine and sewed 3/8-inch elastic around the bottom so it would hold the fitted sheets in place.

While there is some roughness in what I did, it fits well and holds its fit. I made the last pair of fitted sheets while I was camped (actually hosting) at Mystic Springs in Pensacola. The place was very quiet so I took two of the long tables in the clubhouse and put them together to layout and sew the sheets.

In order to lay out the sheets, I did make two templates using cardboard: one was for the curved corner; and the second one was for the 4 darts making up the round corner.

All-in-all, it was well worth the effort to learn to do this, and the results are very acceptable.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Has anyone else had experience with the Airstream sheets sold through their store? I was planning on ordering a set of the 600 thread count ones but am a bit concerned if the top sheet is too short on all or if this was a one time fluke mentioned earlier.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2012 23' International
Sevierville , Tennessee
I did not have the same experience BJo had with ABLifestyle sheets. I found them to be very well made and comfortable. Perhaps they've changed fabrics? Mine were ordered about 1 year ago. The fit is spot on and I have the ultra-weird rear corner 48" bed. Hands down, I'd order from them again before getting another set from Airstream's supplier.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

I just received a set. We're heading out for a two week trip on Friday and I'll change to the new sheets mid- way through. I'll try to come back to this post to let you know what I think.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote