Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2002 25' Safari
Reno , Nevada
2002 Safari - change twins to queen?

We want to change our rear twin beds on a 2002 Safari 25' to a queen. Any ideas on how to gracefully accomplish this without tearing up the entire bedroom?
KarenLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
Amarillo , Texas
We went the other way. From queen to twin. Added five plus feet to the length of the trailer.(Inside) Found the hassel of the queen to much. The bed was east/west and very tough to get around. Like the twin setup better. Good luck if you go ahead and do it. Making the trailer yours is the important thing.
Dan
DieselBreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Mine had the twin set up in it when I got it and I like the twins better than a double but the walls are too concealed with the twins to suit me. Concealed walls are where all the nasty happens in an Airstream it seems. Concealed leak damage, dirt, bugs, and "rodent" evidence. I cleaned out a terrible mess when I removed the builtins and stationary ductwork.

My re-do will feature a cleanable laminate floor covering from wall to wall except in the center bath and the kitchen area. I removed all the builtins in the living area as well and I intend to use a movable sofa and a recliner for seating space. All movable and cleanable.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I have a 25 FB Queen, but wish we would have held out for the twin. It is VERY difficult to get in and out of the bed next to the front. There is about 4 inches of floor space. I would suggest that you find a east west bed and try it BEFORE you switch. If you are a 5 ft female, it might be OK.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote