Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 10:05 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseav View Post
Let me start by saying: I hate you. 😄 But I'll add that it's 100% jealousy driven. Haven't had a chance to read the rest yet but plan to. I may PM you as well. My wife and I have been discussing how we spend a few "semesters" abroad with our 7yr old someday.

Haha, do shoot me messages. It was absolutely amazing experience skiing in the French Alps, Italian alps and Swiss alps (we were in the cross road of three countries). My kids skied really well (7 and 10). Son was in a racing club. The quality of ski instructors and ski clubs were first rate). I became an enthusiastic intermediate skier from non skier. In the past we tried to escape the winters. Now it seems all other three seasons were just fillers for the winter to arrive. )) (I do love the other three seasons).

Skiing for the whole season is not just for enjoyment but also for the fact that it is more economical than taking week long ski trips.

I really think it is feasible for me to winter rv in my AS. We will see )
spreadmywing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:20 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Nags Head , North Carolina
Regarding chains. On Mt Hood they require "drag chains" on all trailers. This means you have to have chains for one axel of your trailer. I am planning on using cable chains as they fit close to the tire, are easy to install and remove, light in weight, and cost effective. I would also use them on other western mountain passes I have travelled.
Jeff K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:36 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2002 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/slide
Los Osos , California
Just booked a month at Park City RV Resort for Feb. 2017. I have Z chains for the toad, a Ford Explorer. I'm picking up the SCC Z-chains for my rig. Hopefully won't need them. Here's to a snowy winter.
JosefZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Flying Cloud
East Blue Hill , Maine
Did it work? Skiing at Whistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadmywing View Post
I am planning to park my 2013 flying cloud 25 at whistler riverside rv park with full hookup for the whole ski season to ski.

I don't know if it can be done and how it will turn out. I will give it a try. If it doesn't work, then I can abandon the plan and rent a house/condo instead.
Did you do it? Was it a success? We are looking for options Winter 21/22.
Air4ME
Air4ME is offline   Reply With Quote