Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
We full time in a 25' Classic and find it perfect. I'm 6' my wife is 5'-11" so we not small people. We don't feel cramped or crowded at all. As for a dinette, I thought we might miiss not having one but not at all. Both tables in front of the couch stay folded out giving plenty of room for pretty much anything.We opted for twins giving much more room to get dressed and storage both inside and out than the queen option. So it's really whats comfortable to you and everyones comfort level is different. There is no minium size Airstream to full time in. This is as large as I'd want to go and if we weren"t full timing we probably go smaller.... but I doubt it would be Airstream
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #22
ALUMINUM OBSSESSION

1993 34' Limited
Hamilton , Ontario
I have a 1993 34'Airstream Classic. I did have a 1969 31' Sovereign.
They are both good trailers. However even though the 34' is longer, I find it pivots better while backing up. There is more storage ,as well as a dinette ,rear bedroom design.
For full-timing or frequent camping the space in it is refreshing.
Once again what ever suits your needs is good for you!!!!!!
william Haym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
We started RVing ten years ago on a part-time basis with a 19' Bambi. We both enjoyed it so much that we began to anticipate becoming full-time RVers upon retirement, which happened unexpectedly within three years (employer offered a deal to get rid of some of us old guys). In the meantime we traded the Bambi for a 23' Safari (sofa), and began our full-time journey with that. Traded that for a 25' Safari (B model); traded that for a Bunkhouse when they came out; traded that for a Safari 25FB SE, and recently traded that for a Flying Cloud 28. Here are some of my observations:

1) Every floorplan (and length) has its advantages and disadvantages

2) When reminiscing about our full-timing experiences, what comes to mind first are the
good times we've had, and not the little things that annoyed me about each one of
them.

3) My Airstream Dealer sends his kids to expensive colleges, and seems to take alot of
nice vacations!!!
fmr.capt.evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
We tried ten days in our CCD 22 and it helped us think through wants and needs for a full-timing Airstream. First, wanted bigger fridge than three cubic feet. Second, really wanted a sofa -- didn't like only seating was the bed or the dinette bench. Third, wanted separated shower/toilet/vanity instead of wet bath. Fourth, wanted outside storage lockers.

Decided upon a 2005 CCD 25 and never looked back. It has been perfect in every way for two of us as we enter our fourth year of full-timing. We sleep over 350 days a year in it, we tow approximately ten thousand miles per year, and try to find somewhere warm to park and live in it for winter months.

A comment on suggestions for bigger trailer -- several times a year we are rewarded for having a relatively petite trailer. Some older provincial and state and national parks have small spaces. Sometimes a smaller space is the only available when we arrive. We fit just fine but others left it for us because their unit was too large. Also some older campgrounds have very tight road configurations, and we are able to navigate them more easily than any larger trailer. And anyone in a smaller trailer could do better than we, but this 25 suits us perfectly.

Like Paula said so well, checking floor plans is fine but you really MUST step into them and talk yourself through where everything goes and what it would be like to move around in it.

Best regards,
Jim
http://dreamstreamr.com

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fulltiming floorplan