I wanted to start a thread about the Airstream renovation my wife and I are working on. We will be full-timing in Northern Illinois with our beagle, so our modifications will be geared toward keeping the Airstream warm in the winter. Here is where we are at so far.
Bringing it home.
It was mostly gutted when we got it. Starting to remove the walls the next day. It took forever to figure out how to remove the top center piece. Apparently it is supposed to slide out, but we had to pull down on it and pull it out.
Hot water heater had a leak. We plan to replace with tankless anyway, but the floor was destroyed.
Another source of water damage. PO had a tire blow out that took out a section of belly pan.
More water leakage. Both of the inner wheel wells had holes in them. We will be patching them with SeamerMate and aluminum.
Removing the subfloor. We used a hole saw, but didn't think to use a template like others have, which probably would've been easier.
The PO's wiring for the brakes... This will be removed and done properly with solder and heatshrink.
Front half of belly pan off.
One broken outrigger
Haven't decided its fate yet.
I will try to take more pictures of the process from hear on out.