Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2020, 07:34 AM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
Somewherein , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isab View Post
I have researched both Oliver trailers and the BigFoot. Both are true four season trailers, but I don’t believe the Oliver has an on board generator option. The Bigfoot does. In addition the double axle Bigfoot will fit in my garage. The double axle Oliver is just a few inches too long.

I need to check them both out in person to be sure, but most likely will get a Bigfoot in the future for the two reasons mentioned.
Fiberglass is what stops me it deteriorates in the sun my trailer is in the sun a lot.
Wheelshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
We found that a small standard compressor dehumidifier worked very well for us. Since they aren't 100% efficient, they contribute some warmth as they operate, and as long as you keep temps no lower than the upper 50's, it works fine. Less efficiently as the trailer gets colder, but it still works. We read too many reviews of samill-type dehumidifiers not working at all to go in that direction. Sure you can hear the fan, but it didn't bother us one bit.

In the end, your money, your choice, go for it.

You don’t mention the compressor cycling on and off, how’s that rattle sound? Colder air has less capacity to hold moisture, not enough and your dehumidifier will start to ice up.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote