RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Brighton , Colorado
The tank is fine, don't know why. I think it is plastic?

One thing I have learned over these past two years is that I don't have the knowledge to handle all this. Some of the things like the water heater have been replaced and all I have is the old manuals. When I bought it all the waterlines had to be replaced and they put in plastic with lots of levers I don't understand. On a ranch the mice are impossible. I put my bread and things in the oven to keep them safe and they got in there too. I have just bought a ten acre farm for me and my horses and am giving up. I think you need a lot of different skills to maintain a trailer. Things I could take care of alone in a house I just don't understand in a trailer. So, anyone interested in a "needs a lot of work" trailer

I admire all you people's perseverance and knowledge.

Thanks again,

Charlotte
wildwoodmusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #22

weymouth , Massachusetts
Surround the tank with insulation and leave some space to put a 20 watt light. I used this method for 2 massachusetts winters, and never froze up. I skirted with rigid 3/4 foam insulation, then boxed the tank area and lined with some r13 (pink stuff). I wired a cheap porcelain light base to an outdoor extension cord and placed it under the tanks. Kept it just warm enough not to freeze, and didn't burn the electricity a space heater would have.
Pocyrus is offline   Reply With Quote