Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Midlothian , Virginia
Proven Industries

Model 2516-AS
https://www.provenlocks.com/products/model-2516-as

One of these should solve your problem. A little pricey, but well worth the peace of mind.
hunnerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:46 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1993 34' Excella
Barry's Bay , ON
Great advice

Scary story, thanks for sharing! Let us know how it goes in the end.
LiamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:38 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International
Gilroy , California
Waninae39, I too am a little crazy about trailer security. I’m not sure how to send you a PM. Was wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing some details on your female - female cable setup & separate power shut-off switch for your 7-way/jack motor. Thanks
Mr Gilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:06 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Our storage location has electronic gates. You have to punch a code to get in AND out. It also has very nice HD cameras everywhere. It is well lit and a very large location.

We've had no issues at all and in fact, we got several calls the other day because they saw a window open. I opened it for ventilation. Other customers are very attentive.

With the connect system we have a GPS in the trailer. I can locate the trailer where ever the thieves take it. Can they disconnect it? Yes, if they specifically know about it. Chances are, they don't and besides, once I see it moving, I'll put out the awning to slow them down!

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Detroit , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmjhoffmann View Post
Idk how urgently you are trying to get your hands on this video, just wanted to point out that most of these video surveillance systems only store a few weeks worth of video, and it is continuously overwritten. So if you don’t get it soon, you may miss your chance.

The systems I have worked with stored 2-4 weeks and that’s it.

Good luck.
Good point -- and one the uninformed lady at the front desk told me a little late. With the view of my parking spot at the very end of the camera frame with the coupler off the frame, I did not pursue it. Above all, their apathy spoke volumes. I’m looking for another storage location.

For now, I've added a line to my mobile plan and will place an older phone in the camper tonight. A solar-charging battery pack should keep the phone battery topped off. For $20/mo, it is a convenient solution. and the signal should be solid ( I plan to hide the phone in the ceiling vent). I'll be able to track real-time battery percentage and get a notification when it's moved.
zayd is offline   Reply With Quote