Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
Parking Cones / Guard for Driveway Storage

I’m going to start parking our Sali in the corner of our driveway since we moved and now have the room. We have a nice sized pad and she can sit off in a corner leaving us enough room for cars.

However, I am still worried that I (or FedEx, visitor, etc) may forget she’s there and back into her. The thought alone of the crunch makes me nauseous.

Does anyone use any cones, stanchions, temporary fencing or anything else to help warn you and protect their AS whilst parked?
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Monument , Colorado
I use three orange reflective cones that are 2 feet tall. I have not had any problems in the four years with the AS parked in the driveway or on the RV pad just off of the driveway.
DaveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
When either trailer is in the parking spot at home, it is just off of the concrete driveway on the gravel pad beside the garage. No protection needed from traffic normally.

However, sometimes when I am loading or working on the trailer I will pull it onto the concrete driveway and unhitch from the tow vehicle. When the trailer is parked on the driveway it is in front of the garage doors. I place a cone or two just in front of the hitch to remind me, and any visitor, that extra caution is required.

I always keep three orange traffic cones with white reflectors in the back of my truck. I have used them in campgrounds where the hitch is near the campground road and during unexpected stops when I have had to pull over onto the road shoulder.

ps: If you look closely at the avatar photo you can see them.