Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Missoula , Montana
No Power to Hydraulic Jack

Greetings All,

Couldn't find a relevant thread by search, so here goes:

I took my batteries out of storage last night and dropped them back into the trailer (2011 Flying Cloud 23 FB), they were stored in a heated area and kept charged, there is plenty of electrolyte solution in them. All systems are functioning nominally except the hydraulic jack isn't getting any power. Double checked and the batteries are hooked up correctly, checked for blown fuses at the jack (which I replaced with a new one anyway) and inside the trailer, no dice.

It's always been a touchy piece of equipment in my experience.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
cloudflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
If you mean the jack at the front - that is not hydrolic, it's a screw mechanism with a motor on top. Check that when you replaced the battery you did not leave off the small power wire that goes to the jack. It's usually powered directly off the battery with an inline fuse for protection. The gear mechanism sticks sometimes, try the manual handle that came with the trailer and see if you can turn it by hand. The acces is under a cap on top of the unit, then try the power switch.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Missoula , Montana
Thanks to clancy_boy, problem solved.

It was the power wire, which I mistook for a ground, and attached to a (-) battery terminal. Switching it to a (+) terminal did the trick. Lesson learned!

I stand corrected on the jack type, I should have known from the sound it makes that it wasn't hydraulic.

airforums helps a n00b once again!
cloudflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Yep, and if I could spell while I think and type I would not look so foolish when I answer.

HYDRAULIC
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote