Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Troy , Alabama
Fresh water tank

I haven’t used the fresh water tank or pump since I winterized last year. We have only used the external water source. Do I need to open the drain and purge the pump as I did last year?
Thanks
Chuckash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:51 PM   #2
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
You can never get ALL of the water out. There will always be a little left in the tank but I would open the drain valve as a precaution. The little bit of water left in the tank will freeze but do no damage but the drain to the valve is small and may freeze and crack so open it and leave it open to drip out. It may be over kill but I remove the pump from my trailer and store it at home but removing the inlet and outlet and run the pump a few seconds is all you need to do to evacuate any water in it. This has served my well for many northeast winters.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote