Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2021, 12:10 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
San Francisco , California
East Bay CA Storage

We are looking for storage in the San Francisco East Bay Area, preferably within a reasonable distance of Walnut Creek.

Anyone have places they recommend?
XCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #2
FYS
2 Rivet Member

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Are you living in that area? The closest is probably at the Airstream dealership storage yard in Fairfield. I just don't trust other places to park mine next to other older RVs and boats (at Concord, Martinez, or Pacheco). I ended up just pour my own concrete pad with a tent cover, pull a 30 amp, and created a sewer dump on my side yard. That being said, just last month some nefarious person with a get-away pickup truck was trying to scout it out. They took off in a hurry once they realized that I was teleworking inside.
FYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
San Francisco , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYS View Post
Are you living in that area? The closest is probably at the Airstream dealership storage yard in Fairfield. I just don't trust other places to park mine next to other older RVs and boats (at Concord, Martinez, or Pacheco). I ended up just pour my own concrete pad with a tent cover, pull a 30 amp, and created a sewer dump on my side yard. That being said, just last month some nefarious person with a get-away pickup truck was trying to scout it out. They took off in a hurry once they realized that I was teleworking inside.
We live nearby, it’s about 50 minutes to Fairfield. Will definitely consider them.

Wish we could store it at home, but our driveway drops 20 feet over about 100 feet, so I’m not sure we could get it up and down safely.
XCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Chapin , South Carolina
We moved from Fairfield in August. I stored outside at Tri City Boat and RV Storage. Price was same as Bay Area Airstream. I preferred Tri City because lspot was paved, wide, angled for easy backing, and you self park. In Cordelia, there is a indoor RV storage building that a neighbor used for his big 5th wheel, but I don't remember the name and they do not seem to, or need to advertise. It is a huge warehouse building. They move your trailer in and out of the building. It is west of the 680/80 interchange, between a auto auction yard and the SOB RV dealer.
StuartsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:29 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
We used to store with Bay Area AirStream in Fairfield, they are great, but didn't like the hassle of having to schedule a pickup and drop-off. We found a great storage in Concord, Abba Storage. They are a bit on the expensive side, but really worth it. We have had no issues there in the last 2.5 years. The facility is very modern, and also has a dump station and an air station.
2012 Mercedes GL450
AShar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:27 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by AShar View Post
We used to store with Bay Area AirStream in Fairfield, they are great, but didn't like the hassle of having to schedule a pickup and drop-off. We found a great storage in Concord, Abba Storage. They are a bit on the expensive side, but really worth it. We have had no issues there in the last 2.5 years. The facility is very modern, and also has a dump station and an air station.

Abba Storage - their slogan should be “take a chance on us”
AKNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #7
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
If you value the coach, call Bay Area indoor Boat and RV storage. Not sure if they have space, but getting on the list is a good tactic. Good team. They have an Airstream section and are competent with high end motor coaches. They know their stuff. Cost is $2-300 depending on the length of your rig. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote