Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Question Anyone using storage in the Tampa/Clearwater/Newport Richey Area?

At the present moment for another month or two we can't store our Airstream at our property and just started researching storage (as in tonight) in our area. I know a lot of folks travel here, or live in FL, and wondering if anyone has an recommendations in the area. Felt it couldn't hurt to ask.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
1996 34' Excella
Florida Panhandle , Florida
I don't have any first hand experience but I do know that when we drive Alt. 19 from Dunedin to Palm Harbor there are several businesses on that stretch that have signs advertising RV storage. I called and got prices from them a while back. Most were uncovered but you had access to electric. I think it was the UHaul place in Oldsmar I called and was told they offered covered storage. They were helpful but it was a lot more than we want to to spend each month. We were lucky enough to squeeze ours in the back yard when we finally tried.
1997 Airstream Excella / 34' ~ The Sane Asylum
Paddledipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Full Time Adventurer

Nomadic , USA
I purchased a fully inclosed storage unit up in Pasco this afternoon: RV Storage Port Richey, Hudson in Pasco County Florida Port Richey, Hudson in Pasco County Florida

Last one they had available too. 60 x 14 Unit!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Fernandina Beach , Florida
If you are looking for covered storage, you might try the offsite airport parking franchises. I use Wally Park here in Jax. They give a generous discount if paid in advance. Have my 23 ft RT there (1 paid year in advance). Had my 23 Ft airstream there until I relocated it out to the west coast... Its now in my son-in-law's father's warehouse shop for FREE!

Apparently lots of snowbirds store ther rigs and fly out conveniently from Jax.

I looked at the Tampa area when my wife was working in Sarasota, and ran across Big Boy Toys or some variation on that name... They had plug-in storage as well.
Tomzstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
Full Time Adventurer

Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzstream View Post
If you are looking for covered storage, you might try the offsite airport parking franchises. I use Wally Park here in Jax. They give a generous discount if paid in advance. Have my 23 ft RT there (1 paid year in advance). Had my 23 Ft airstream there until I relocated it out to the west coast... Its now in my son-in-law's father's warehouse shop for FREE!

Apparently lots of snowbirds store ther rigs and fly out conveniently from Jax.

I looked at the Tampa area when my wife was working in Sarasota, and ran across Big Boy Toys or some variation on that name... They had plug-in storage as well.
Yeah I checked them out. I have a list of a few places. The snowbirds pretty much have everything full around here. Worse, the prices are higher in my area because it's considered more of a "resort" area.