Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2020, 11:08 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
South Burlington , Vermont
I was born in Tacoma, most of my family is in Seattle. Adding global warming to the already mild client, if it were me, I wouldn't winterize (beyond maybe blowing the lines, but no antifreeze). But that's if I was closer to sea level and had the trailer close by and could pop a space heater in there for the 3-4 days of winter you might need it. But up in Puyallup, you're higher elevation and if it's not right there, you should winterize. Just learn how. i was a newbie a few years ago and would not consider myself handy and we learned.
TomPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #22
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
I just checked the weather data for last year in the Tacoma area. Please winterise. Last year on Nov 30 the low temp was 24 degrees. Sufficient to freeze lines and crack valves.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:18 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

Yes it will freeze here!
Summit RV ten minutes from your trailer has the best reputation around for any service.
letsgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:28 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
We live in Tacoma and always fully winterize. We use the RV antifreeze in the lines method. All of us in these parts have witnessed subfreezing spells in the PNW from time to time.

If you decide to hold off, at least watch the weather reports and have a jug or two of antifreeze available. A jug of $3 antifreeze is cheaper than replacing a spit water line.
Rollinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Buy a pancake air compressor, $150 or less about anywhere. You'll use it for decades and will pay for itself in just a couple of uses. Check your tires more often, blow out your water lines, blow out the playa dust, use a nail gun (new maple floor, worked fine for me, I didn't nail enough that the compressor didn't keep up.)

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:04 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Salt Lake City , Utah
Smile Thanks for the great responses!

I have totally enjoyed reading all the great answers and especially the very kind offer from Glampman! If I hadn't already arranged with Airstream Adventures in Covington for winterising and some tune ups, I would take Glampman up on his offer. Maybe a rain check for next season? Winterising is on my bucket list to learn but I can now postpone that lesson until next year. The people at Airstream Adventures were amazing and squeezed me in even though they are scheduling appointments in February! Thank you again to this very helpful and generous community.
slgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote