Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
eureka , California
Airstream roof

I have a 29 ft Excella and it now has a permanent home in Baja on the beach. I would like to put a roof over the top to protect the trailer from the sun. I will build a palapa out of palm leaves. What suggestions can I find for the optimum size? How much overhang on each side and how high over the roof would be best.
thanks
John Smith
john k smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
How much overhang? As much or as little as you want. Enough overhang to take the place of the trailer's awnings would be a good start.

How high? Depends on whether you anticipate doing A/C repairs with the trailer in place. How tall are you when you're kneeling? At least that much headroom for doing A/C repairs.