Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
Tarry & Tammy

2015 20' Flying Cloud
2019 27' Globetrotter
Orleans , Massachusetts
Advice on Storage options for Massachusetts Flying Cloud Newbie

Hi Folks

First year with my Flying Cloud 20. One of the best purchases I have ever made. Looking for some advice on where to store it. I wish to store it indoors and want to know what some other folks have done. I live north of boston and would be willing to drive away a bit if it meant keeping the trailer (and me) happy!

Thanks for any help you can send my way!
bluef150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
Ashland , Kentucky
While I can't give you any advice on storage in the Boston area, I can share with you my indoor storage experience. Simply stated, it will keep your unit looking new. Every time I check it out for a trip, I still marvel at how 'new' it looks. Yes, there is an extra cost associated with indoor storage, (in my case $165/month), but I feel that this is a small price to pay to protect my investment. Should the time ever come when I want to upgrade to a larger unit, it will be just that much easier to pass on to a new owner and I know that I'll get a better selling price because it has been cared for and properly stored, indoors and protected from the elements. In your case, being up North where climates actually change and you have to contend with snow, this will become an even more important factor.
Held together with the Husky Centerline Hitch
LongShot is offline   Reply With Quote