Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2023, 07:54 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1999 28' Excella
Lake Mary , Florida
12V Dehumidifier from Solar panel & battery

Looking at amazon COYCYQI portable dehumidifier, supposed to burn 36W
Will power w/ single 12V marine battery and 100W solar panel during times when the trailer is in Florida winter storage and humidity is still high.
Trying to keep mold growth away.

I figure some type of reversed optical sensor so it only runs when the sun is out.

Anyone have any luck with these mini units or tips on operational control?
suncoasteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:31 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Rancho Cordova , California
It says it collects up to 6oz a day. Kind of nice to run off of just a USB power source.

Will you make a drain line to dispose of the water continuously?

The concept looks interesting.

Let us know how well it works out.
J-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 08:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
After spending a week in the cold rain with no hookups and lots of moisture, this is very interesting to me. I especially like that it looks like it was designed for me "One Key Operation, more suitable for the old man" along with a picture of a woman drinking coffee. Gotta love marketing translation failures. At this price, its definitely worth a try. To J-Dog's question, it would be simple to drill a hole in the collection container and place a removable plug. If running unattended you could pull the plug and leave the unit running in the kitchen sink or the shower. My system is powered at all times (solar charging) so this could run in storage no problem. My only worry is if it fails badly (smoke and fire) it would not be good. I'll report back if I order one. - Brad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Man.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	426739  
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v