Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Ely , Minnesota
Tongue Jack issue

My jack will lower the trailer but it will not raise it. I took off the cover, disconnected the switch, ordered a new switch, installed the new switch....and the same problem exists. Any suggestions, beside getting a Husky?
bertheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertheep View Post
Any suggestions, beside getting a Husky?
Mine did the opposite, it went up but not down, leaving me with the coupler hitched and the truck rear in the air and no way to unhook!
Since yours goes down, you have power.

Assuming you're not stranded, try getting the weight off the jack. Use a bottle jack or in a pinch, the tow vehicle's jack. Once the weight is off does it move? Mine did, but I didn't trust it. I think mine got in a position where the shaft was torqued against the sleeve and it didn't move. Why it went up but not down is still a mystery. Using the hand crank didn't work. Same problem.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:01 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertheep View Post
My jack will lower the trailer but it will not raise it. I took off the cover, disconnected the switch, ordered a new switch, installed the new switch....and the same problem exists. Any suggestions, beside getting a Husky?
Are you connected to shore power or using batteries alone? If the latter, what’s the state of charge on the batteries?

I don’t recall seeing the type of Jack you have, but if it’s one that uses limit switches, a bad limit switch is another possibility. The Atwood jacks supplied these days don’t use limit switches, however.
KK4YZ is offline   Reply With Quote