Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2022, 08:27 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
LevelMate Pro or RvLevelerPro

I had a really good experience using my LevelMate Pro for 2 years. Unfortunately it stopped keeping an accurate reading of my front to back level, it will be off as much as 3”. The warranty was only good for a year. I noticed RvLevelerPro for 50% less on Amazon, is anyone familiar with this product?
Old 06-11-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I assume you re-calibrated the LevelMate Pro when it provided inaccurate readings. Did that not correct it?

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
I’m not familiar with that product but definitely post what you find. We currently use LevelMatePRO but I get frustrated with it. It works well and I’ve had no issues with the unit itself but there is no security in the connection and no ability to choose units. It is not uncommon for the app to grab a neighboring unit while I’m in the cab of the truck leveling side to side on Anderson levelers. The unit just grabs the strongest signal it finds and no one seems to turn their unit off when they are done leveling.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:47 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
I assume you re-calibrated the LevelMate Pro when it provided inaccurate readings. Did that not correct it?
I contacted LevelMate, it's an older model that can't be calibrated. I purchased it July 2020, almost two years old.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:54 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
I’m not familiar with that product but definitely post what you find. We currently use LevelMatePRO but I get frustrated with it. It works well and I’ve had no issues with the unit itself but there is no security in the connection and no ability to choose units. It is not uncommon for the app to grab a neighboring unit while I’m in the cab of the truck leveling side to side on Anderson levelers. The unit just grabs the strongest signal it finds and no one seems to turn their unit off when they are done leveling.
Wow, I have parked at least 80-100 times and never had this happen, and I always forget to turn mine off. I'm surprised, I have it mounted inside the door of my 30 bunk, ten feet behind the hitch. It struggles at times to find the signal while sitting in the truck.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:20 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1000pre View Post
Wow, I have parked at least 80-100 times and never had this happen, and I always forget to turn mine off. I'm surprised, I have it mounted inside the door of my 30 bunk, ten feet behind the hitch. It struggles at times to find the signal while sitting in the truck.

The unit I have is about two years old. This happens on every trip we take where we stay in an rv park that has tight quarters and large rvs. They need some sort of feature similar to VictronConnect where the device is secured by a pin code, can be named, and you get a list of devices to choose from when there are multiple devices.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:20 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1000pre View Post
I contacted LevelMate, it's an older model that can't be calibrated. I purchased it July 2020, almost two years old.
You can’t go through the initial setup procedure again? My unit is also a 2020 model and I’ve changed the calibration/setup a couple of times to dial it in. It works perfectly now that I’ve got it where I want it.
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 09:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:

My Level Mate is a good old fashioned 2' Level and a remote controlled electric jack.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:24 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklyfrank View Post
My Level Mate is a good old fashioned 2' Level and a remote controlled electric jack.

Front to back isn’t the issue. It’s side to side where it is a problem. Without the LevelMatePRO, there is either a mandatory second person helping or lots of trial and error.
Old 06-11-2022, 10:32 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
I have had my LevelMate Pro for 2 years. I recently had to change the battery for the first time. I also have a hard time remembering to turn it off although it advertises that it shuts down after a period of no use. It has been a game changer for leveling the trailer. It could not be easier, and no walking back and forth to check a level.

I have never had interference with another unit. I have a FB trailer and the unit is installed in the cabinets above the bed. I have had no problem connecting from the front of the TV.

If I were to buy again, I think I would buy the unit that connects to the trailer's 12V system. That way there would be no need to worry about batteries again.
jnm30327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 11:30 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Sarasota , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklyfrank View Post
Never needs recalibration for sure
GatorDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:24 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2017 27' International
Wasilla , Alaska
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm30327 View Post
I have had my LevelMate Pro for 2 years. I recently had to change the battery for the first time. I also have a hard time remembering to turn it off although it advertises that it shuts down after a period of no use. It has been a game changer for leveling the trailer. It could not be easier, and no walking back and forth to check a level.

I have never had interference with another unit. I have a FB trailer and the unit is installed in the cabinets above the bed. I have had no problem connecting from the front of the TV.

If I were to buy again, I think I would buy the unit that connects to the trailer's 12V system. That way there would be no need to worry about batteries again.
Replaced the battery this year. Took the time to recalibrate using the app against a level, a measuring tape, door swing test and the old subjective lie-down-on-the-bed test. Easy to do before the trip hooked up on the relatively level driveway. The app asked for a confirmation once then accepted the new level.
Old 06-11-2022, 02:43 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Stewart, as others have mentioned when they said “recalibration” it means going through the initial setup to train the unit what level is. I had to do it when replacing the battery which worked like a champ on our 2 year old unit. I think there was a firmware & app update as well. I use it on my Apple Watch too.

If you haven’t done the initial setup again, give it a try!
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 04:53 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc306 View Post
Stewart, as others have mentioned when they said “recalibration” it means going through the initial setup to train the unit what level is. I had to do it when replacing the battery which worked like a champ on our 2 year old unit. I think there was a firmware & app update as well. I use it on my Apple Watch too.

If you haven’t done the initial setup again, give it a try!
Got it, yes I did that. Mine loses the actual level position. I can open the app and it will read .25. Without moving the trailer or jack, I wait an hour, reopen the app and it will read 2.5 or 3.25…random numbers. I'm now noticing the side to side being unreliable.
Old 06-11-2022, 05:22 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDave View Post
Never needs recalibration for sure
Unless it is left on the tongue and gets knocked under (how is a mystery) the trailer and is missed during the pre-departure checking as someone was to have put it in the truck so it gets driven over and the frame tweaked. Factory reset procedure is a trip to the local hardware store for a new one.....don't ask me how I know.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 06:27 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Rogers , Arkansas
I just purchased the RVLevelerPro. I will let you know once it is installed how it works compared to the LevelMatePro. I had the same issue (not accurate) with my LevelmatePro purchased in 2020. I thought it was worth a try for $50.00 less. If I get another 2 years with it, I'll call it a win.
Mikebrady62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:13 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I'm not completely sold on the Level Mate Pro. When it works and connects, it's great.
But before I bought the RV Leveler, I'd recommend you read the Amazon reviews, even the negative ones.
Seems like the same complaints as the Level Mate Pro, but worse.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:01 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
I've been using RVLevel4 by "made by joe" successfully for a few years and was going to recommend it but researched just now and saw that Joe died and the product is no longer supported. I guess my RV4 app is living on borrowed time until a major IOS change blows it up. I've found it to be continuously reliable and the selectable audible call outs valuable.
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:10 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:
Front to back isn’t the issue. It’s side to side where it is a problem. Without the LevelMatePRO, there is either a mandatory second person helping or lots of trial and error.
It works both ways and over time I learned how much correction I need based on what the level shows.
Last year I needed side to side leveling only on one occasion.
We don't get excited over a few inches in any event.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 04:10 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
I turned ours off

My Level mate is my mate. The girl says one block here two there and we’re usually dead on. Then she checks it with the real level inside. Does the bathroom door swing or stay put

I get a big kick out of KYD jumping out of his rig ohhhh it’s time to use the iPhone level app.

I love technology but I’ll pass on the level mate
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote