Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
LEVEL Airstream PERFECTLY forever

Materials:

- 78 to 80 inch string.
- Small eyed screw with thread
- Carpenter's Plumb Tool with point
- Ice Box with three Beers or Seltzer Water

Walk into your Double Axle Airstream. Use the steps folded out, with the door open. (Yes this is very detailed and instructions are important.) To enter.

Single Axles may have the identical situation but I have had no response earlier for an important question... so it is your fault for not responding.

Double Axles have four tires and one spare. It helps if none are flat, but who cares by the time you finish this. Triple Axles have the Refer probably over the center Axle... check to see if you have a Double or a Triple Axle by mistake. Probably you are in the WRONG Trailer?

The Dometic Refrigerator is centered over the Double Axles. Look at the ceiling. Yes, the one over your head. You are in your trailer. Put down the Beer. Geeez...

There is a Rivet. Factory installed perfectly Centered over the Floor. No... I have never been in your trailer before. Your freezer was empty, I must say.

Take the Eyed screw and screw it into the center of the Rivet. (You won't, but you will if you want Perfect Level.)

Level your Airstream. If is not your Airstream, better. You can get some practice.

Left to Right. Front to Back. Spend ten minutes or two hours. Time to do this is your problem, not mine. 'PERFECT' is a word has FIVE Letters on purpose... WRONG has Seven Letters...

Four Letter words will get you mouth washed out with a bar of soap. This is a simple job. Cussing is for YaHoos in Wyoming riding a horse that has a burr under the saddle...

When the Trailer is perfectly centered, tie the string to the eyed screw in the ceiling. Use a double knot. This is not a Shoe Lace. This is for the Carpenter's Plumb with a sharp point.

Tie the other end of the string, yes there is one end being used so use the end that is still available. Put the Beer Down... Geeez.

With the Trailer Perfectly Level, the Carpenter's Plumb sharp tip should be just above the linoleum tied to the ceiling eye loop and to the Plumb. This IS the spot on the floor you want to mark, with a small dot, or a small sticker, or something.

This SPOT is where the Carpenter's Plumb will be found OVER when your Trailer is Perfectly Centered a Second Time. The second time is when you go somewhere after doing all of this. There will more times to follow, as well. You do not need to keep a count.

If you want Perfect or just Sort Of Level...: Have a SPOT on the Floor for Perfect. Easier, a circle the size of a dime for Excellent. A quarter for OK. A half Dollar for you will not know the difference. Or a $100 Bill with the Carpenter's Plumb anywhere and your Wife will get to keep the Cash and will want you to Repeat the Process using Cash on every stop. She will not complain, ever again.

Any comments? I am sure there are some. This will work. Will your life change and will you sleep better? Not really. But the Shower Door and Bathroom Door will not swing open at night and injure you.

Level is important. Falling off sitting or standing on the toilet stool is embarrassing. Falling out of Bed takes practice. Food on the table will not move while you are eating. Lots of benefits. No negatives.

Food in the Refer will still FALL OUT when you stop, level the trailer and open the door. That is due to the last ten Service Station exists are terrible. You should have already know this, but some people need to be reminded. Myself, more often than most. A frozen chicken can hurt your foot when it hits the floor.

Tell us how it worked. Thousands want to know. They are suffering from something. Probably High Fuel Prices, but that is another issue.

I have not tried it yet. I am an Inventor. I need good feedback. Probably not yours, but do it anyways. Have a Good Day, anyways.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:04 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
San diego , California
I only come here for rays posts.
JunkYard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:47 PM   #3
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
Or:

Put a glass on the counter.
Fill glass with beer.
If beer does not go over rim you are level.
Drink beer - your job is done.

BTW - if beer slops over even, sift Airstream slightly and repeat the above steps.

You're welcome 🙂
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Pray tell, Ray, how many beers you consume before comprising these nuggets of experiential wisdom?
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:08 PM   #5
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Beer is great for the really hot days, but I find that if I need to do any real thinkin', it's time to default to the bourbon collection.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:56 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Phoenix , Arizona
Wow. I knew that level app on my phone was just too easy. No opportunity to consume that beer in the fridge that was going to fall out anyway.
SandKSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:58 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Phoenix , Arizona
Oh, I didn’t need an excuse to consume that beer....
SandKSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:50 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Jay knows trouble when it knocks on the Restroom Door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybauman View Post
Pray tell, Ray, how many beers you consume before comprising these nuggets of experiential wisdom?

Much like those having Toilet Thread problems in their Airstream with water on the floor.

The top lid needs to be lifted. It is not like those in some homes when you tap on the lid, it opens or say Open Says Me and it does it in the dark or light.

Those Pay Toilets in Europe. Americans will crawl under the door to get in for FREE. Once trying to get out, you cannot and you have to Pay Double to get Out. The floor is now wet.

In Mexico. You could use the toilet for free. A galvanized sheet metal or the Hole in the Floor. The elderly woman sitting out front... held the toilet paper. You needed to TIP her to get a roll of toilet paper.

Watching the diver's was great. The hotel would not let you enter... as they knew you wanted to use their flushing toilets. (Acapulco, Mexico) True.

They would send a boat out for the Cliff Divers. Not for them, as they would climb back up the cliff. It was to remove Plastic Bottles that float into the diving area from the ocean. True.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:30 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Little falls , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
Materials:

- 78 to 80 inch string.
- Small eyed screw with thread
- Carpenter's Plumb Tool with point
- Ice Box with three Beers or Seltzer Water

Walk into your Double Axle Airstream. Use the steps folded out, with the door open. (Yes this is very detailed and instructions are important.) To enter.

Single Axles may have the identical situation but I have had no response earlier for an important question... so it is your fault for not responding.

Double Axles have four tires and one spare. It helps if none are flat, but who cares by the time you finish this. Triple Axles have the Refer probably over the center Axle... check to see if you have a Double or a Triple Axle by mistake. Probably you are in the WRONG Trailer?

The Dometic Refrigerator is centered over the Double Axles. Look at the ceiling. Yes, the one over your head. You are in your trailer. Put down the Beer. Geeez...

There is a Rivet. Factory installed perfectly Centered over the Floor. No... I have never been in your trailer before. Your freezer was empty, I must say.

Take the Eyed screw and screw it into the center of the Rivet. (You won't, but you will if you want Perfect Level.)

Level your Airstream. If is not your Airstream, better. You can get some practice.

Left to Right. Front to Back. Spend ten minutes or two hours. Time to do this is your problem, not mine. 'PERFECT' is a word has FIVE Letters on purpose... WRONG has Seven Letters...

Four Letter words will get you mouth washed out with a bar of soap. This is a simple job. Cussing is for YaHoos in Wyoming riding a horse that has a burr under the saddle...

When the Trailer is perfectly centered, tie the string to the eyed screw in the ceiling. Use a double knot. This is not a Shoe Lace. This is for the Carpenter's Plumb with a sharp point.

Tie the other end of the string, yes there is one end being used so use the end that is still available. Put the Beer Down... Geeez.

With the Trailer Perfectly Level, the Carpenter's Plumb sharp tip should be just above the linoleum tied to the ceiling eye loop and to the Plumb. This IS the spot on the floor you want to mark, with a small dot, or a small sticker, or something.

This SPOT is where the Carpenter's Plumb will be found OVER when your Trailer is Perfectly Centered a Second Time. The second time is when you go somewhere after doing all of this. There will more times to follow, as well. You do not need to keep a count.

If you want Perfect or just Sort Of Level...: Have a SPOT on the Floor for Perfect. Easier, a circle the size of a dime for Excellent. A quarter for OK. A half Dollar for you will not know the difference. Or a $100 Bill with the Carpenter's Plumb anywhere and your Wife will get to keep the Cash and will want you to Repeat the Process using Cash on every stop. She will not complain, ever again.

Any comments? I am sure there are some. This will work. Will your life change and will you sleep better? Not really. But the Shower Door and Bathroom Door will not swing open at night and injure you.

Level is important. Falling off sitting or standing on the toilet stool is embarrassing. Falling out of Bed takes practice. Food on the table will not move while you are eating. Lots of benefits. No negatives.

Food in the Refer will still FALL OUT when you stop, level the trailer and open the door. That is due to the last ten Service Station exists are terrible. You should have already know this, but some people need to be reminded. Myself, more often than most. A frozen chicken can hurt your foot when it hits the floor.

Tell us how it worked. Thousands want to know. They are suffering from something. Probably High Fuel Prices, but that is another issue.

I have not tried it yet. I am an Inventor. I need good feedback. Probably not yours, but do it anyways. Have a Good Day, anyways.
All righty then…
civeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:41 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Will this still work if I have lath screw instead of rivet in ceiling?

Greg
greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Popular Misunderstandings by Human Beans... +/-

If my Airstream is Perfectly Level, will that keep my Batteries from discharging?

If my Airstream is New, is it easier to distribute weight so that the Trailer is heavier in the rear end like my wife?

If my Airstream is perfectly level, would the fresh, grey and black tanks overfill and pollute the campsite?

If I lay flat on the floor, between the Refrigerator and the Bathroom door, will I still see the gap under the bathroom door? It looks straight and level from the floor, but when I stand up I am dizzy.

Folks... this leveling to perfect is meaningless. You sleep on a Jet crossing the ocean and everything is moving around and not one word.

Better a Cruise Ship, but I am diverging off message, again. The fresh doughnuts are worth getting up early for and not already eaten by those who should be jogging the decks.

The Earth used to be Flat. Most agree, curved. Not all.

Had the Greeks not figured out that the Earth was Round, we would have nothing to discuss. Pythagoras screwed things up for everyone. Ancient buildings had to be taken down, brick by brick... as Right Angles were off 2 degrees. Today, probably more if you live in a home in my neighborhood.

The Egyptians used water somehow to build the Pyramids. Pour water onto your floor, within a perfect circle, between the Refer and Restroom. Water flows towards the DIP on the floor.

If it flows towards YOU... please forgive me. I am a Neanderthal and need to be reminded, from time to time.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:56 AM   #12
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
I hate beer, so this post is useless to me. LOL!
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
KCurtis... Beer are friendly and harmless. They are never in Petting Zoos. Although, lots of people are found in Petting Zoos. Imagine that?

Beer do not make good pets as the Bucks grow antlers and will fight your for a Budweiser. You were wise to 'hate beer'. This Post also is useless to me, as well.

I am trying to influence people to buy my 'Ray's Wonder Level' for $75.

When you use it, you will wonder how a Neanderthal pulled this one off! I live in a very nice Cave in a National Park, get paid to do what I always wanted to do... and have my picture taken daily. Bucks are tossed into a bucket as I look like I need glasses.

So Beer, Deer and neutered Bucks have nothing to do with pillow fights.

(Yeah... have a beer and figure that one out on your own.)

Anyone else have anything to add? Probably not. So buzz off.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:18 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by greghoro View Post
Will this still work if I have lath screw instead of rivet in ceiling?

Greg
Greg is on top of things. The Lath screw has a round head for the the Phillips screwdriver. The string would be off to one side.

You need Ray's Wonder Level... for $74.00 on sale. One to fix your keyboard so you cannot ask any more questions while this Thread is still on the website.

Are you a Neanderthal? Buy two, for $160.00.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:21 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Wow. I'm absolutely enlightened and refreshed after reading one of these threads, thanks Ray.

However, I'm left with a dilemma; if a Carpenter uses a Plumb tool, does a Plumber use a Carp tool? If so, how? Can a Carp tell you if the trailer is level??

I'm gonna get a cold one and contemplate this...
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Fredericktown , Ohio
With this information my life is complete.
WBCCI #6826
We have Year-Round Courtesy Parking.
MMCMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:33 AM   #17
PSU1981

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Conroe , Texas
Ray - you need to write a book - it would be a best seller!!
PSU1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2017 27' International
Wasilla , Alaska
not the fridge...

...it's the electrons leaking out of the wall sockets and batteries that bugs me no end... evidence is the little shock you get when tooling around in your wool socks.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:59 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Carp Gigging Plumber Rivets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetED View Post
Wow. I'm absolutely enlightened and refreshed after reading one of these threads, thanks Ray.

However, I'm left with a dilemma; if a Carpenter uses a Plumb tool, does a Plumber use a Carp tool? If so, how? Can a Carp tell you if the trailer is level??

I'm gonna get a cold one and contemplate this...
Grab hold onto your Rivets Ed. I understand.

A Carp wallows in mud and is also found along the sides of narrow Creek Beds in Missouri. I know. I lived in Missouri. I loved the humidity and the heat.

You must take a 'Carp Gigging Class' in the Missouri Ozarks and be able to play a Banjo.

We all considered Carp to be Sucker Fish. Those who fished or gigged Sucker Fish were considered Sucker Gigging Plumbers.

If your 'rolled over twice on the Interstate Airstream Convertible' is leaning one side or another, a helpful hint:

Take all of them there Carp you Gigged, pile them up onto the opposite end of your Gigging Trailer from Jackson Center. It will solve your problem of not being level. The methane from the Carp will catch fire, using your Carp Roaster flame from the Propane tank under the bed.

If any Carp still remain cooked and edible. Beware: They have hundreds of small sharp rib bones that can get caught into your throat, make you sick enough, so you will go to some other Thread and not bother those of us who like to get Fish Sticks at a fast food restaurant.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:02 AM   #20
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
(Ray, I am including this is parens so no one but you can read it.

You are a genius, but you need to "get with the times" on your business model.

You can make more money by charging a subscription to your wonder level.

$7.952 per month should do it.

The level will need to be slightly altered to achieve the subscription model:
If you mounted one plumb-bob on a satellite then the subscribers could participate by drilling a hole through their roofs. When they push the LEVEL button on their app the bob will lower through the hole in their roof giving them level!

Please send me $8.345 per month for each subscription. I have already made you $.393 richer!

I will have Gates and the Zuck move over. You are sure to be the next gazillionaire. )
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote