Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #1

2005 30' Classic S/O
1973 27' Overlander
1983 31' Excella
Topeka , Kansas
electric stabilizer jacks

We have a 2005 30' Classic W/SO that has electric stabilizing jacks. Where can I find an exploded view drawing of one. There is nothing in my owners manual about them.
RwayTandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Stoughton , Wisconsin
Did you check the airstream site, you can call them. They have e-mailed me diagrams before ( I think her name was Sara, very nice). They won't sell you parts. You have to go to the dealer to order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
1965 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Do you have these?

Here is what I have for my power stabilizers; perhaps yours are the same.

Pat
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ultra 5000 Power Twin.pdf (1.60 MB, 239 views)

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
I know this is an old thread, but my rear power stabilizer jacks on my 2005 Classic trailer failed to retract completely on the last day of our recent 9-week trip. They retracted about two thirds of the way, so we travelled home with them slightly extended. Now I need to troubleshoot and repair the jacks. Thank you "pmclemore" for posting the instruction manual for these jacks above. I did not have this in my Airstream documentation!
10Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #5
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
If they are same type as on my 2007 Classic you should be able to manually retract them too.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:43 PM   #6
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Stabilizer Help

10Smiles

As Gary so aptly pointed out you can manually retract or extend the stabilizers. Typically there's manual crank handle...maybe stowed away somewhere on board your rig. The manual crank handle inserts through the controls switch/side of the stabilizers and seats on threaded rod.

For trouble shooting there's a glass bus fuse that can be unscrewed for inspection on the same control side. If it's not a bad fuse then suspect the switches themselves. Water intrusion can cause failures of the switches. To inspect and diagnose removal of a large pop rivet on either side of the control is required. That allows you to slide the control component off the stabilizer frame. The switches are off in the center position and momentary to the two outside contacts.

You can find a replacement switch on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VLSLC3W

The rest is pretty straightforward with simple power and ground wire supplying the device. A multi-meter or test light can help. Take photos as you take it apart so you can use them for reference later.

Tom - S/OS #025
- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #7
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
On page two there are instructions for manual operation. Happily I found that once I manually retracted them, and lubricated everything I could, the stabilizers worked jsut fine.

I am delighted someone can use the pdf, 10Smiles. I was kind of disappointed that the OP never responded.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
Thanks all for the responses and for the switch link. I think I need new switches. Our trailer did not come with the hand crank, we bought it used. I am definitely going to make a hand crank though for next time!!
Old 11-22-2021, 04:44 AM   #9
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Stabilizer Troubleshooting

10Smiles -

Too bad about the hand crank...I found ours in a dark corner of the trunk. Anyhow some troubleshooting may help diagnose your specific problem.

On the problem stabilizer does either the roadside or curbside leg move down or up?

Yes = Probably a switch or connection on a switch leg.
If a leg deploys down, but not up or vice versa you've proved power and now know which switch and leg needs closer inspection.

No = Probably a power issue.
1. Remove and check the glass fuse between the switches for continuity.
2. Test for 12v power at the supply lines feeding the stabilizer.
3. With good power at the supply lines and fuse...switches, connections and lastly motor would be suspect.

I hope yours is an easy fix.

Tom - S/OS #025
- Live Free or Die -
Old 11-22-2021, 09:19 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
Thank you for the troubleshooting plan. Neither of the rear stabilizers move. I do have power on the white wire to green (ground) wire. The fuse is good. I suspect it is corrosion in the splice of either the power or ground wires. I took the whole stabilizer assembly off and it is in my shop now. I am going to clean up and paint the stabilizer frame while I have it off (and build a hand crank).
Old 11-23-2021, 09:46 AM   #11
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Stabilizer Repairs

10Smiles,

Sounds like you've got the problem well in hand! Sure is heck of a lot easier to work on them on the bench as opposed to from the ground.

If you want pictures or dimensions of the hand crank for reference I'd be happy to grab some and post them here for you.

Let us know what the final verdict is with your fix.

All the best!

Tom - S/OS #025
- Live Free or Die -
Old 11-23-2021, 05:28 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
Well, I connected a small 12VDC power supply to the stabilizer wires. The switches and motors work fine when the fuse holder (and fuse) is bypassed (the power supply breaker pops in short order, but the motors do turn until then). I checked continuity on the fuse and fuse with holder, the fuse is good, but the holder with fuse has no continuity. So, I need to get a new fuse holder. I contacted Ultra Fab to see if they can help me. This unit is no longer sold, but we'll see what they say. I may be able to get a generic fuse holder and make it work, I think the Ultra Fab one has a rubber grommet to seal out moisture (no longer on mine).
Old 11-23-2021, 05:40 PM   #13
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Breaker pops? I’m curious if a mechanical friction issue is creating high amp load.

Does yours have the grease fitting under the gear assy?

If you had a hand crank that might give you feedback re load.
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 11-24-2021, 11:36 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
As I said, it is a "small" 12VDC power supply, one I had handy. The load from the stabilizer motor is too much for this unit. It was enough, however, to know that the two motors are fine and the switches work. These units are wired with 10AWG wire, so they draw quite a few amps. Yes, mine do have the grease fitting, I greased them once last summer when I noticed the fitting.

The good news is that ultra-Fab got back to me and they do have the fuse holders in stock, they also have the manual hand crank. Hopefully get those ordered today.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:24 PM   #15
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Got it, good luck.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:15 PM   #16
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Stabilizer Repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Smiles View Post
As I said, it is a "small" 12VDC power supply, one I had handy. The load from the stabilizer motor is too much for this unit. It was enough, however, to know that the two motors are fine and the switches work. These units are wired with 10AWG wire, so they draw quite a few amps. Yes, mine do have the grease fitting, I greased them once last summer when I noticed the fitting.

The good news is that ultra-Fab got back to me and they do have the fuse holders in stock, they also have the manual hand crank. Hopefully get those ordered today.
10Smiles -

Awesome on the parts availability! Good to know for the rest of us with those same units.

All the best for a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tom - S/OS #025
- Live Free or Die -