Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2021, 09:08 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bettendorf , Iowa
Barker 3000 Jack Fuse holder

The slow burn fuse blew on my 2015 FC. when I went to replace the fuse, I discovered that the tip from one side of the fuse was stuck in the holder. Once I successfully removed the old fuse tip, I thought it would be a good idea to have a spare inline fuse holder. The dealer didnít have the original part on hand but instructed me to replace the slow blow fuse holder with this fuse holder and fuse.
Just wondering if there are any thoughts on this suggestion. Good idea or not?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1084.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	397223
Rltports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:01 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1988 34' Limited
Mobile , Georgia
I would make sure the wire gauge is either the same size as what's going to the jack or a smaller gauge (larger conductor size).

Also, one thing to think about, why did the original blow? Have you checked for shorts, burnt wires, etc? Fuses don't typically blow for no reason.
88Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #3
Site Team

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
I use some of those ATC blade fuse holders in my boat but I found the slo-blo fuses on Amazon, so I got some of those for backups of the jack fuse.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZOIR1O/

ATC Blade fuse holders are available in various AWGs, just search Amazon for "Blade fuse holder"
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:39 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bettendorf , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Limited View Post
I would make sure the wire gauge is either the same size as what's going to the jack or a smaller gauge (larger conductor size).

Also, one thing to think about, why did the original blow? Have you checked for shorts, burnt wires, etc? Fuses don't typically blow for no reason.

Thank you for the response. I have a blue ox hitch and extending the jack was fine but once I had the hitch and blue ox connected I couldnít retract the jack without replacing the fuse. The wire gauge on the replacement blade fuse holder is a smaller gauge but Iím going to hold off exchanging it in place of the slow blow fuse holder. As we are traveling and seem to have the jack working at the moment. Iím going to keep my fingers crossed. Also Iím going to try not raising the trailer as much when Iím hooking and unhooking the truck. This will mean I am more cautious with the blue ox hitch as I almost broke my wrist the first time I used it and hadnít released enough pressure via the jack before releasing the chains in the tension bars. Also, as a precaution I purchased some jack stands. Those combined with my bottle jack should get me through any issues with the jack till I get home and can consider changing the jack for something that will handle raising the trailer and the truck for hooking up the blue ox.
Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks again.
Rltports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:57 AM   #5
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Just something else to ponder, how much current is your jack drawing?

I recently installed a BMV-712 and it gives you actual AMP draw. I tested various circuits for grins including raising my 30' up via the Husky tongue jack. Just trailer only not connected to TV and setting the bars it only pulled 6.4A.

Maybe your jack is adding extra mechanical friction load that the fuse says nope that's too much current. I just checked I installed my Husky 9 yrs ago. Goes up, goes down.
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote