RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-08-2021, 02:37 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Western NC , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post

We do have the Camco curved levelers, but wife does not like them as they will slide in dirt/gravel, so she prefers the leggo blocks. I think the LevelMate Pro along with the Anderson make a lot of sense now...may have to switch.

Just had to use the combo today for the first time since I got the LevelMate app installed, trick is you got to go real slow or you can over correct.

2019 Ford F-350 Platinum
JonDNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:16 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
I got a Level Mate Pro last season. It has been amazing. Pick a spot, look at the diagram and it tells you what side needs to be raised and by how many inches. Stop, add the necessary blocks, pull up and you are done. The Camco things would make it even quicker and easier but I have chosen not to go there. Heard that they don't fit between tires unless you cut a part off. Heard that they can slip on some surfaces. I will stick with my orange levelers.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:24 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
I got a Level Mate Pro last season. It has been amazing. Pick a spot, look at the diagram and it tells you what side needs to be raised and by how many inches. Stop, add the necessary blocks, pull up and you are done. The Camco things would make it even quicker and easier but I have chosen not to go there. Heard that they don't fit between tires unless you cut a part off. Heard that they can slip on some surfaces. I will stick with my orange levelers.
That is a very good one solution...

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:35 AM   #24
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
small city outside a big one , south of some, north of some
I just switched after reading these posts.

Bought the Levelmate Pro +. What a NEAT device!

Ordered the Anderson Levelers and noted the issue with gravel so we will keep the legos as the 'putting down for more than one night' and gravel conditions.

I think these will be lifesavers, particularly on those cold rainy nights when we pull in late.

Thanks all for this forum! Fantastic stuff I had no idea about!

(I hate too many exclamation points, but how exciting! With the new unit with electric jacks this is gonna mean more beer time!)
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:15 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
I have the Camco's and they do indeed fit between the tires fine, as they are stubbier (shorter) then the Anderson. Will the Andersons fit between the tires, now that you brought it to my attention? They look to be longer, as I recall, which was why I selected the Camco's few years back while shopping at Campers World.

By the way, saw the Andersons for half of cost of Amazon price at this site below ($38.99, if anyone interested. https://www.decorsday.com/products/l...ling-3604--and
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:42 PM   #26
Nina Kay

2012 27' FB International
Dayton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
The AS frame for sure, has flex that can cause issues. I do remember we were in Yellowstone few years ago with our 28', and I forgot to put up the stabilizer jacks when I was raising the front to load on to my hitch...jack was struggling. Wife came out the front door and said it would not close/line up properly...the "ahaa"moment- seeing the stabalizers still down...(and the "relief" moment, that no one was watching) It tweeked the door just enough that the screen would not close properly, till we got back to Jackson later that summer and they re-adjusted it. Check list important to follow, she reminded me.

We do have the Camco curved levelers, but wife does not like them as they will slide in dirt/gravel, so she prefers the leggo blocks. I think the LevelMate Pro along with the Anderson make a lot of sense now...may have to switch.
We solved the slipping issues with the curved levelers by placing big rig heavy duty mud flaps where the levelers would be. They worked like a charm. We take them with us when we are camping at River Road Camp in New Braunfels, TX on the Guadalupe River.
NinaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:05 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
The Level Mate Pro changed a lot of leveling guesses.
Old way: Park, open trailer door, look at level on floor and decide how many blocks I'd need.
New way: Turn on app, drive slowly and maybe find a perfect spot, or have it read '2.5" low on driver's side'. Pull out blocks to make a stack two high.
My nit-picks on the Level mate pro.
1. The on/off switch is too small. It goes to sleep after a preset time, so you may not realize it's on or off. You think it's off, but flipping the switch turns it off from sleep.

2. You can't change anything unless you have linked to the sender. I wanted to experiment at home, No!

3. I'd like a third setup, "Hitch height to clear ball." for reconnecting.
I know if I looked at the hitch height when I disconnected and remembered it, I could avoid this step, but I don't.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Fort Wayne , Indiana
Classic Autoleveling

I understand that the Classic has auto leveling (though I have one coming I don't have it yet). And comments from someone with that experience?
Randonneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:07 PM   #29
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I know if I looked at the hitch height when I disconnected and remembered it, I could avoid this step, but I don't.
There is a setting in the app to allow you to set the hitch height.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LevelMate Pro - Hitch Height.png
Views:	3
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	386863
Old 01-13-2021, 05:11 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 27' International CCD FB
San Diego , California
Quote:
Interestingly, the slipping is only partially due to the traction of the ramp against the ground and may be more due to the brake controller holding the trailer brakes on to some degree.

Many modulate low speed progress with brakes. Some brake controllers will apply some braking with any brake pedal at all - pushing the ramps. Some brake controllers have a reverse mode that can help with this situation. Or turning down the response to get less trailer brake. Even better some cars have a transfer case with low range to enable much finer control to get on ramps with less surging, pushing, and drama.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonneur View Post
I understand that the Classic has auto leveling (though I have one coming I don't have it yet). And comments from someone with that experience?
I have an 2018 Classic. It has electric stabilizers. I have little or no problems leveling the trailer with a 6 inch torpedo level and a supply of 2x8s. Maybe all that years of construction and RV experience pays off.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:57 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Maybe I donít understand. LevelMatePRO allows you to store a hitch height. Presumably if youíre on a ball youíd hit that button when you lower the trailer for disconnect. Are you using that ďmemoryĒ setting for something else?

Agreed on the power switch.
nryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Paramus , New Jersey
We have the Levelmate Pro and Anderson levelers. I installed the Levelmate Pro in the front cabinet and it works great while I'm backing up. I put the Andersons on the low side and back up slowly watching the Levelmate App. Once I hit "0", I know i am level side to side. As stated earlier, just unhook and use the tongue jack to get level front to back. Once your level, then just deploy the stabilizers until the are snug. Then open a beer. OK maybe after you have connected water and power.
wilsodf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:42 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Western NC , North Carolina
On the Levelmate Pro I havenít touched the power switch since installed. There was a configuration option for auto on on movement. I turned that on and itís working when I back into a site.

2019 Ford F-350 Platinum
JonDNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:13 PM   #35
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDNC View Post
On the Levelmate Pro I havenít touched the power switch since installed. There was a configuration option for auto on on movement. I turned that on and itís working when I back into a site.
As it turns on with motion it will wear down the battery as you travel down the road.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:23 PM   #36
1980 Excella II

1980 31' Excella II
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Levelers

Airstream stabilizers are not meant to level, just to stabilize the trailer after you have achieved level with wheel pads or those half moon things.

There are devices on the market that are external to the trailer. They embrace a wheel on the low side of the trailer and you can then jack up that side of the trailer with an attached screw and jack handle, like a scissors jack. They are available on Amazon or Camping World. Expect to pay a lot more at Camping World.
glh101282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:20 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
Rogers , Arkansas
Be Careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonneur View Post
I have read that wording "Auto Leveling" in the new AS Brochures as well. It is very misleading. From what I was told it is NOT Auto Leveling just Auto Stabilizing.
Mikebrady62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:43 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
As it turns on with motion it will wear down the battery as you travel down the road.
Iím not sure mine has this feature, but Iím pretty glad. I forget to turn it off quite often and though it shuts down, I had to change the battery a few times. I have the unit in the front cargo compartment so I can turn it on while getting levelers, chocks, etc. out and I donít have to go inside the trailer.

But since you bring it up, I suppose my one gripe with the LevelMate Pro is how unnecessarily hard it is to change the battery. Four tiny (black!) screws? Not sure why a tool should be required or why such easily lost hardware was used. After losing one of them I now secure the cover with two screws, diagonally from each other, and have kept the third remaining screw as a spare. A hardwired version would be great.

Still, itís a great device and Iím very glad to have it.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:43 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
Cumming , Georgia
That is correct. On my Ď21 Classic 33, there are two buttons (front & back) to electronically lower & raise the stabilizers.
WBCCI# 8026
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:19 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

Cincinnati , Ohio
Agree - when comparing my one-touch button levelling of the Lippert auto-level on my fifth wheel compared to the manual approach of my 30' FC - wow, one touch leveling wins every time.
jwpaquette is offline   Reply With Quote