Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
New Member
1977 Argosy 24
Gate City , Virginia
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Question Whats the trim called

Can anyone tell me what the name of the little trim , that is around the windows. When I started to clean the walls and windows, it started to break off. I have a 77 Argosy. Also is this trim important it runs across the roof, and is dry rotted there also. If so is there a place I can purchase replacement trims?
Yumasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master
CanoeStream's Avatar

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 13,280
Images: 19
Blog Entries: 3
Hi Yumasgirl. Welcome to the Forums!

The plastic covering the edge of the metal sheets gets brittle and breaks. I found that Oasis RV in Tucson had some and they have very reasonable shipping rates. They called it J-trim.

You also could try Inland RV (California) or Out of Doors Mart (North Carolina).

You do have to remove rivets at the edge of sheet metal, re-drill through the new J-trim and put in new aluminum pop rivets to replace these edges. You have to cut the hidden part of the J-trim about every inch or so to make it around the curves by the window (leaving the visible part intact).

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
New Member
1977 Argosy 24
Gate City , Virginia
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Thanks so much, I don't how I'm going to get by without you all. I probably shouldn't be worried about something like that trim, but I don't see anything else cosmetic wrong. Could you tell me were I could get my tanks replaced, close to Virginia?
Yumasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master
maxandgeorgia's Avatar
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,610
Serendipity! Asking for a source and method of restoring the broken yellowed plastic trim around my Argosy windows was my next question on this forum. I no more than opened the portal when there was my answer! Thanks, Yumasgirl and Canoestream ~G
1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is this latch called? Trophycare Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 5 10-27-2009 07:54 AM
Name that putty....or whatever its called.... mikvw Leaks - Weatherstrips, Gaskets, Caulks & Sealants 6 10-26-2009 03:38 PM
Anybody know what this part is called? Streamer1 Awnings 1 10-14-2006 05:11 PM
What are these called? Chitown AirStreamers Off Topic Forum 1 07-12-2004 12:16 AM
front end vinyl trim, misc trim mlmarch Clearcoat, Exterior Paint & Trim 4 07-07-2003 11:29 AM

Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.