Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Water lnlet Pipe Leak - Fixed

Here's something for you all to keep an eye on. I first noted the possibility of a leak when I saw water dripping from the banana wrap to the ground toward the rear of the trailer. At first I suspected and worried about a bath vent pipe leak where after a rain the leak would track down within the walls to the floor area.

After inspection I saw the insulation soaked where the water supply comes in the trailer. The connector fitting on the inside has 4 screws that attaches it to the external water connector. It is a pressure reducer. Just by taking a phillips screwdriver and tightening the screws I was able to stop the leak! I wonder if on the road vibration caused this to loosen?

I hope this leak has not gone on for too long. Obviously, the water soaked the floor within the c-channel before exiting outside to drip on the ground. I have a fan blowing in there now to dry as much as I can and just hope that I won't get too much rot.

I will now have to keep a regular eye on this in the future, and may have to replace the internal fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3601.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	166997  
TankerIP is offline   Reply With Quote