Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
2020 27' International
Neptune Beach , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 26
Water leak

Hi there, we were camping the other day for the weekend and it rained all night. The next morning I noticed a leak on the wall next to the bed. We have a 28 foot Interstate Serenity. The leak was from the screw where the curtain mount goes. I was worried there might be a lot of water in the wall or even in the floor. I am enclosing some pictures. Has anyone dealt with this problem? How was the fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2767.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	382265   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2766.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	382266  

NascarNomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:09 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
BigSxyWhtGuy's Avatar
 
2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,175
Just gotta go outside and check for entry points around the area. Usually you can see gaps in silicone or cracking. Check your window, we had small leaks in our front windows and just ended up running more silicone in the joint where the window meets the aluminum.

This is all on the exterior you should be looking and sealing. You may have a belt line around that screw? It could also be coming from the ceiling and just making itís way down towards the screw at some point?
__________________
BigSxyWhtGuy

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #3
Airstream Ambassador
 
AirstreamInc's Avatar
 
Jackson Center , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 693
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarNomads View Post
Hi there, we were camping the other day for the weekend and it rained all night. The next morning I noticed a leak on the wall next to the bed. We have a 28 foot Interstate Serenity. The leak was from the screw where the curtain mount goes. I was worried there might be a lot of water in the wall or even in the floor. I am enclosing some pictures. Has anyone dealt with this problem? How was the fix?
Hi NascarNomads,*
Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can learn more and share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
__________________
Official account for Airstream, Inc.
Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support can be reached at 1 (877) 596-6111, option 1.
AirstreamInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #4
Freedom
 
KCurtis's Avatar

 
2020 25' Flying Cloud
Dallas , TX
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 112
Images: 2
Schedule an appointment with Airstream Factory Repair. They are the only one that will fix this fully instead of trying to patch it up to stop the leak. Your concern is correct about there possibly being water in the walls and unless you have a 2021 model in the plywood floor which could be really, really bad.
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:32 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar
 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,279
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
Just gotta go outside and check for entry points around the area. Usually you can see gaps in silicone or cracking. Check your window, we had small leaks in our front windows and just ended up running more silicone in the joint where the window meets the aluminum.

This is all on the exterior you should be looking and sealing. You may have a belt line around that screw? It could also be coming from the ceiling and just making itís way down towards the screw at some point?
Ohhhh, would that it was that way. Only rarely have I found the quick and obvious discrepancy that was actually the fix for a leak. Even more so after my initial reseal of poorly done factory sealing.
Water almost always travels horizontally within the walls somewhere from its source to its visible evidence.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:36 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
BigSxyWhtGuy's Avatar
 
2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,175
So you want OP to check the opposite end of the trailer?
__________________
BigSxyWhtGuy

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:25 AM   #7
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar
 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,279
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
So you want OP to check the opposite end of the trailer?
Depending how he's parked, maybe. But seriously, that's an excessive conclusion to what I said or mean. My point is looking at the area of the visible water, or directly above it, rarely solves the issue. With OP's situation, water up higher on the wall, it significantly narrows the "cone" of potential sources, but I'd wager it will take a lot of strategy based testing and diagnosing to find it.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master
 
jaybauman's Avatar
 
2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
Depending how he's parked, maybe. But seriously, that's an excessive conclusion to what I said or mean. My point is looking at the area of the visible water, or directly above it, rarely solves the issue. With OP's situation, water up higher on the wall, it significantly narrows the "cone" of potential sources, but I'd wager it will take a lot of strategy based testing and diagnosing to find it.
I found a leak last January. Water was coming out of electrical outlets and from around a window. The intrusion point was not obvious, so I had a pressurized leak test done. It turns out that the water was getting in behind the hinge on the rock guard for the front window. This was not anywhere near where the water was showing up on the inside.

The pressurized leak test is the best, quickest, and most thorough way to find these pesky holes.
__________________
2021 Classic 33
2020 GMC 3500HD Duramax AT4
ProPride 3P
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
That darned leak!! Need help from leak experts !! nickclifford General Repair Forum 20 12-03-2015 05:52 PM
Leak then no leak. gandttimes Leaks - Weatherstrips, Gaskets, Caulks & Sealants 0 10-04-2013 01:34 PM
Leak: Fired Up Hot Water, Now There's A Leak SSChanger Fresh Water Systems 4 07-15-2009 08:46 PM
Water Leak above Black water tank temcotom Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 1 06-29-2005 11:03 PM
possible plumbing leak or water leak jamesl Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame 1 04-06-2003 10:52 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.