Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2020, 09:44 PM   #1

2013 16' Sport
SEATTLE , Washington
Water intrusion?

We are on our first trip with our newly acquired 2013 Bambi. When we were setting up at camp we noticed a soft spot in the floor near the fridge and dining seating area. Tonight it is raining for the first time on our trip and there is water coming in from underneath the fridge. I did also do dishes however the plumbing is dry, as is the inside of the fridge, and there wasn’t the same issue when I did dishes yesterday.

I’m worried because we are in the Pacific Northwest where there is no shortage of rain, and it’s not going to be parked in a covered area.

A couple questions:

How concerned should we be?

Is there anything we should do in the immediate moment other than roll up a towel and place it under the fridge?

Is this sort of thing likely to be covered with warranty, which I purchased / took over from the private seller?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1033568D-3CDF-4102-9B80-1098FEEF8EDB.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	383919  
br00ksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Depends on what your warranty covers. You’re out of the manufacturer’s warranty so you have some sort of third party one now.

You can go to the outside and check the compartment that vents the fridge. See if somehow water is getting in from there? You may also have a roof vent that may somehow be getting water in. Both may be as simple and depend how the trailer is leveled?

If you’re handy, it’s not difficult to take the fridge out and look at everything. Mine was 4 screws, two bolts, and disconnect the electric and propane. You need to determine if this water is coming from the outside, some sort of water line broke (which doesn’t look to be the case) or if the fridge is just leaking water either from going bad or the drain line in back is not draining to the outside.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote