Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
1974 28' Argosy TT

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to stinkytwinky
Thumbs up Those pesky fluffy thingies

I have a 1974 28' Argosy and I have taken all of my screens off to rejuvenate them. I have an "issue" with the fluffy thingies that encase the bars that lift the window (they all fell off after washing the screens). I decided to replace the screens and paint the aluminum, and replace the fluffy thingies. Problem is I can only find them at inlandRV, and will purchase them if there is no alternative, however I thought I would start this thread in the hopes that someone out there has replaced the fluffy thingies and would suggest an alternative.

I was thinking of using a mousepad, however I would need one mousepad per screen side (thus making it cost ineffective), or I have seen a plastic thingy that has several small circles that overlap each other and the middle one has a hole in it, and they overlap each other fully depending on which way the bar is moved. Well here's to great ideas.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
Really Cheap

Mousepads are usaly made of neoprene same stuff that wetsuits are made of.
Down here in florida used wetsuits are pretty common in pawn shops for next to nothing . I dont know about NewHa . Pipe insulation is made of the same stuff too. Good idea I have the same problem and I think you solved it
tmcdougald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
if you're talking about the "fuzzy screen seals", you should be able to get them from any airstream dealer. I got mine from Marty's usrv in MA. same system was used for many years, so any established dealer should have a spool of that stuff in the parts dept.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote