Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2002, 11:01 AM   #1

Angry leaking around front window of 1969 Caravel

My newly purchased '69 Caravel is leaking water from the top and bottom of the front window when it rains. I've siliconed around the outside of the entire window and adjacent rivoted seams, but water is still entering. Where the rain enters from just below the window, it runs down the inside wall and soaks the cushions and seat of the dinette. We are very frustrated, especially since we were told it did not leak. Any suggestions on how the water is entering as well as tips for repairs would be greatly appreciated. It will be stored outdoors and away from my home, so I'd like to have the peace of mind that I've got the problem fixed.
David Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:45 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Riverview , Florida
Did you ever solve this problem? I have the exact same issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Henderson View Post
My newly purchased '69 Caravel is leaking water from the top and bottom of the front window when it rains. I've siliconed around the outside of the entire window and adjacent rivoted seams, but water is still entering. Where the rain enters from just below the window, it runs down the inside wall and soaks the cushions and seat of the dinette. We are very frustrated, especially since we were told it did not leak. Any suggestions on how the water is entering as well as tips for repairs would be greatly appreciated. It will be stored outdoors and away from my home, so I'd like to have the peace of mind that I've got the problem fixed.
LaurieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Oak Creek , Colorado
my 67 Caravel leaked in the same spot.
I removed the TV antenna from the roof & patched the big hole.
I also removed the AIRSTREAM badge above the front & back windows and resealed and put them back on.
No window leaks since.
don't use silicone. it won't seal.
Hope this helps.
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel